• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

david ashton

sarahlove

Hiya got my appointment on 16th april with healthier weight.. I am meeting david ashton.. can anyone tell me what hes like and what to exspect.. thanks

no idea sorry but wanted to wish you luck and hope it all goes well i have my op that day so wont be about to check but will soon as i can after

they are my provider and I'm 19 months post op.

He is direct and to the point but he is totally approachable and will talk about concerns and the band or surgeries in depth. Some people find him too direct but I think this approach us needed. Weight loss surgery isnt "flowery" and people need to be made aware of the hard work that it is.
Sometimes the consultations are taken with Claire who is excellent too, in fact all of the staff and surgeons are great :)

It was claire who I saw. She also saw me when I had a problem with my wound & i must say that she was fantastic

she is very good, while she is classed as a nurse she is incredibly knowledgeable and does more fills nationally for band patients than anyone rose - we were discussing this on a previous occasion lol

She knows a great deal about how it works, the ins and outs and is very easy to talk to :)

Hiya got my appointment on 16th april with healthier weight.. I am meeting david ashton.. can anyone tell me what hes like and what to exspect.. thanks

Hi. I met him a couple of months ago. Was direct and knowledgeable. I just wasn't that comfortable with the bit before when I met with one of the HW directors. He just seemed slag all of the other providers off which I found a bit unprofessional. Ended up going through THG. Surgery on the 29 April :) x

Thanks everyone. Im very much looking forward to it. My partner is coming with me for support to so fingers crossed all goes well.

From what you have said top kat they seem really nice. Im not going into getting a band lightly.. im oh to aware that it will not work without my hard work but im ready for this. :)

Thanks not long to go now.. got all my questions wrote down to ask.. roll on Wednesday I can't wait

I had an hour meeting with a lady called called Esther before I went in to see him - she weighed me and showed me a presentation and then Dr Ashton took my blood pressure and medical history - I'm booking my op tomorrow !! There are cheaper providers out there but the 2 year surgical cover has swung it for me xx

you will be there same time as me sarah i op that day at spire though on nhs good luck with your appointment

I went for my meeting yesterday with Mr Ashton and the team. I was very impressed and liked. Mr Ashton I have read a lot of his papers and work and feel confident with the company. Mr. Super will be carrying out my banding and I am planning to book for May 31st.
Jane :)

Hi quick update. fantastic such lovely people.. clare was fantastic didnt get to meet mr ashton but on the whole they were great. They think im ready for the operation so just working things out with my partner gosh im so ready for this. Thankyou Everyone for your support. Band refills at healthier weight are these only done on a thursday in birmimgham as this is the only thing im struggling with..

I think it is only thursday but they have other clinics. Not sure if any are near Birmingham though. You'll probably only need 3 or 4 fills, so you probably wouldn't need to attend the clinics many times. Ring them, they're really helpful

I went for my meeting yesterday with Mr Ashton and the team. I was very impressed and liked. Mr Ashton I have read a lot of his papers and work and feel confident with the company. Mr. Super will be carrying out my banding and I am planning to book for May 31st. Jane :)
Mr super did mine. He's got a good reputation & a nice bloke too

Back