• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Day 1 pre opp diet

Suwiexx

I don't really know what to eat I have the booklet but it doesn't say enough I'm aloud 200ml of milk a day am I able to use skimmed milk powder for tea and coffee and still have 200ml of milk for cereal ect or does it have to come out of the 200ml. What veg am I aloud it says plenty of veg
and salad but what is not aloud and what is? Also if I'm aloud meat 4oz for instance can I have my allowance in a bolognese with the 40 strands of spaghetti or dose it have to be plain, plain mince with spaghetti ect the same with chicken does it have to be plain or can I flavour it and also can I use salt and pepper? Ketchup? I hope this isn't too confusing and thanks out in advance

Sounds good but each surgeon has different diets the stricter ones are shorter like mine but those with more food have longer on it
Yours sounds nice
Good luck does get easier I say this but just stay focused on your goal

If you are unsure, I would go back to your provider, they have such specific guidelines on what people should or shouldn't be having, that it may be against what they suggest :)

Check with your provider, mine is very low carb eg 1 weetabix or 3 spoons cereal, 1 slice of bread or 2 spoons of rice/pasta. Rest is meat or fish, 1 yogurt and 1 fruit. Veg is any but only 1 small cup. Half pint milk. I've done 2 days now and feeling ok, just grumbly tummy as portions are small. Drinking loads of water to compensate. Your dietician should be able to help, ask them asap as they are the professionals. Good luck with it x

Day 2 and my OH has made up some menus but I'm gona dig out my slimming world red day books I think this diet it like extreme red days x

I agree Suwie, it's very like slimming world red days :) only less food!!! I've had a banana and cup of tea for breakfast, 1 slice toast and sardines in tomato sauce for lunch, another cuppa, drank loads of NAS orange barley, and stir fry veg cooked in soy sauce and water, 5oz coley and 2 new potatoes for tea. My snack was a mullerlight Greek yogurt. 2 further cups of tea!!! It's not as bad as I thought but around this time of night I could eat a horse!!! Good luck tomorrow, hope the tummy is better, get well soon. X

Suwiexx said:
I don't really know what to eat I have the booklet but it doesn't say enough I'm aloud 200ml of milk a day am I able to use skimmed milk powder for tea and coffee and still have 200ml of milk for cereal ect or does it have to come out of the 200ml. What veg am I aloud it says plenty of veg
and salad but what is not aloud and what is? Also if I'm aloud meat 4oz for instance can I have my allowance in a bolognese with the 40 strands of spaghetti or dose it have to be plain, plain mince with spaghetti ect the same with chicken does it have to be plain or can I flavour it and also can I use salt and pepper? Ketchup? I hope this isn't too confusing and thanks out in advance

Sounds the same as mine!
Luckily I had my meeting with the dietician a couple of days before I started so was able to clarify.
I basically had my allowance of meat, generally done in some sort of home made tomato based sauce, passata or tinned toms with added spices or herbs, served with green veg mostly like cabbage or broccoli. I was advised to avoid root veg, but could have a jacket spud or 4 small new pots with the main meal of the day. I tried to avaoid that as much as possible because I'm a carb fiend! So limited that to once or twice a week.
Eggs were useful too had an egg based meal a few times a week with a salad.
Was allowed as much suger free jelly as I wanted but, not to replace a meal. Tbh I managed ok without much of it.
I was generally eating 800 to 900 cals low carb and low sugar.
Hope this helps :)

I'm Pretty rough at the min I don't know if its the diet or a bug. I'm the 24th at st Mary's nr paddington (was kings x but they have moved to a new building) where you having yours? I didn't know we were aloud sugar free jelly... that could be a life saver so are we aloud tinned tomatoes? I wasn't sure if tomatoes come under fruit or veg. I'm going to dig my slimming world red books out and think of ideas for meals x

I'm having mine on the Wirral as I live in Liverpool. I am aloud 1fruit and 2 veg choices per day. 1 large fruit or 2 small fruits or 100mls fruit juice / and one small bowl salad and 2-3 tbsp cooked veg (any). I think your tomatoes can be used as veg choice. I admit I'm doing small slim world meals, just keeping within the guidelines they advised x

Arr yours sounds different to mine I'm aloud 200ml milk 20g of carbs each meal no root veg but other veg plenty and salad plenty. Well keep on touch were gona go three this together x.

Don't even know what day I'm on today but I'm ready to jack it all in., had a bug been ill for days now not eaten for days. The kids are ill I've been run off my feet mopping up both ends of them and I've it to go To work in an hour.. I'm ready to jack it all in get 2 bottles of wine and
A Chinese and sulk... Today sucks!!!!!

Back