• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

16 days post op and homemade Lasagne

goingtobehappy

I love my 20 year old son, he's a 20 year old apprentice painter and decorater. He has his own flat and he visits home every weekend to pretend he's a student and get his washing done.
He took a week off work this week holiday and was planning on decorating his flat. That plan never went into action as he decided to buy a newer car and stop with me for the week.
All was going well until he decided he needed to cook something decent last night, it was about 9.00 so I left him with the smells downstairs and went to bed while he cooked a chilli for then and the base for lasagne.
The little darling decided he wanted a night out with some friends toninght but would want to eat the lasagne when he got back so I got the job of being in charge for the 45 mins while it cooked in the oven.
The smells coming from the oven were nearly edible, the temptation to cut a piece off and eat it was so strong I couldn't believe it. I didn't feel hungry, I'd had my tea of leek and potatoe soup and some mouse but the smell and then looking at this lasagne was soooooo tempting.
Anyway the good news is I didn't, but I have decided that in 4 weeks time when I can, he has got to cook this again for me to have a taste.
Other than willlpower how does everyone else stop them selves in situations like this?

just the old head hunger girl its a demon we all have to defeat and will power is the only cure walk way from nasty mr head hunger lol
u will crack it

all of the above, and have a hot drink that you like, itll help take the 'taste' away. well done on not trying the lasagne. hugs xxx

im avoiding as many food situations as possible! How nice of your son to leave you in charge of the lasagne :D

i honestly understood headhunger the other day when i really wasnt hungry but the smell of sausage, mash and onion gravy came wafting up the stairs...and frankly, i could have eaten it easily!

its a good job im on liquids at the mo hehe x

Yep, its a will power job! and you may find lasagne doesn't agree with you even when you can have it. I don't touch pasta much at all now: far too filling!

Back