• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

day 2 pre op

Priceless

Well Guys,
Today is a little better, still hurting with a headache that just does not seem to want to go away. I feel tired all the time. I don't know if I am getting this right or not. I am having problems getting everything in. All that water, I am adding Special K O2 Protein water to get more protein in and water. I don't feel really hungry now but the head is killing me. I am fighting with the kids and trying to cook for them. I feel family also pulling me in all different directions.:family2: :needhug: This diet will be worth it I know. I went to GNC and got some protein powder that is unflavored and it is going well with the beef broth. I did not think it would be good. I know I am suppose to get about 1000 cals. a day. My son is just coming in and complained about my Slenda Kool-aid, he will just have to get over it. :fear:I guess I am getting a little fearful of this whole thing. I keep telling myself I have to look toward the future benefits.

Can you get some one else to do the cooking for you? Or at least share it with you?
I found that's really helped me.
Stay strong and stick with it lovely, because the prize t the end is worth it.
Em xxxx

It is difficult, I have had to prepare stuff for my son too and Im the only one around to do it. I have found spending a good session preparing food for a few days which leads to minimal prep later in the week at meal times much easier. For instance yesterday I cooked two lots of soup for me post op, a lasagne, made a pasta sauce ready for tuesday for him, and also some bits and pieces.

The headaches do ease after day 3/4 so try to hang in there, and it is hard to get it all in. Im on day 11 of the milk diet and I have to make and eat milk jelly just to get even to 2 pints of milk in. Otherwise if I drink more milk I dont get any other fluids in either, so its a bit of a catch 22.

Also, is you son moaning because he's having to drink things that you can only drink? I have a cupboard of my stuff, my NAS squash, diet drinks, NAS milkshake etc, and he has a cupboard with his normal stuff in. I don't even go in there but it means he's not losing out by having to have stuff that I have to.

Back