• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Daybreak 11st loss

Fuffs

Shrinking Big Brummie
A woman on there was offered a gastric bypass and turned it down due to worries over the procedure.

She has now gone from 24st to 13st and hates herself. The excess skin upsets her. She did it through an extreme diet and exercise.

Her argument is the bypass costs the NHS £30,000 (????????) and she only wants £11,000 to have her skin removed (???????) and why did they offer her a bypass and won't remove the skin.

They have told her lose 2 more stone and we will refer you to have the skin removed. She doesn't feel she should as there are no promises.

The psychologist told her you need to come to terms with your new body. She said I understand but I just want the skin removed.

So, the bypass was a risk, but all the body, stomach and arm lifts won't be in her opinion?? And where does she get her figures from??? Plus, they are not telling her no. They are asking her to meet a criteria like the rest of us.

And I am sceptical of all the people who say 'I was offered a bypass'

Do they mean their GP made a suggestion? Or they saw a surgeon? Did weight management? This offer is never explained.

Sorry to sound like I am ranting. I just am always left perplexed lol

she annoyed me, she said she was happier fat, well go eat then and put it all back on!!

Caren said:
she annoyed me, she said she was happier fat, well go eat then and put it all back on!!

That was what I was thinking lol

She was so openly trying to pressure the NHS doing what she wants. Yet admitting she has been told lose 2 more stone and we will consider she needs to fix up. Her point became pointless. Everyone else has a criteria to meet. Why shouldn't she?

That was what I was thinking lol

She was so openly trying to pressure the NHS doing what she wants. Yet admitting she has been told lose 2 more stone and we will consider she needs to fix up. Her point became pointless. Everyone else has a criteria to meet. Why shouldn't she?
indeed! I think she was on there hoping someone would come up with the money for her, maybe they will, but she has to jump through hoops the same as everyone else, and still has 2 stone to lose!!! lol

Caren said:
indeed! I think she was on there hoping someone would come up with the money for her, maybe they will, but she has to jump through hoops the same as everyone else, and still has 2 stone to lose!!! lol

Exactly I am 6ft 2 and my BMI would be ok around her weight. She wasn't my height. So she needs to lose the weight and go ask. Or put it back on and be happy again lol

Exactly I am 6ft 2 and my BMI would be ok around her weight. She wasn't my height. So she needs to lose the weight and go ask. Or put it back on and be happy again lol
lol its annoying because that sort of thing makes us all look bad xxx :kissass:

Caren said:
lol its annoying because that sort of thing makes us all look bad xxx :kissass:

That was what I was thinking. When they said £30,000 for a bypass vs £11,000 for doing it yourself and having the NHS remove the skin, this saving the NHS money I shouted at the tv lol. Makes us look like fatties who are trying to cream the state.

Wasn't the best thing for me to watch first thing. I don't believe at 13st she was size 12 either. She didn't look tall enough. Size 28 to 12 would be amazing. If its the truth x

Wat was her name I missed it??? Iv out in on reminder on itv+1 lol so I can watch.... I knew someone like this lost alot of weight was left with the skin and was moaning about not being able to get plastics on nhs yet someone who had already had an op to lose weight on the nhs could have plastics done!!! I told her its not true we all have to meet the criteria ild like my tummy done but carnt so I just live with it!! It's like the nhs owe her something cus she as lost the weight without a gastric bypass well good for her doing it without but she was given the choice of getting help and turned it down, infact it's probably the same person lol her names claire it wasn't a Claire was it?? She gives me dirty looks now cus she knows I had a gastric bypass!!! Jealous much I think x

I wish I could remember her name! lol. I was too incensed. She was on about 8.02 and I was typing while she was on as I was that narked off lol

The lady you know needs to realise she chose to go it alone. And she still needs to meet the same criteria as anyone who has lost weight through any means to get the help.

They said she went on an extreme diet. I laughed at that. I wonder how she equated extreme diet with full body and arm lift at the end equates to safer than a bypass. The mind boggles!

I think she got her figures the wrong way round?!

£11k for the bypass, £30k for the plastic surgery sounds more like it.

About her clothes size, I weigh less than her (not much though) and at 5ft 10 I'm a size 14/16 but have a BMI of 25 :confused:

I think she got her figures the wrong way round?!

£11k for the bypass, £30k for the plastic surgery sounds more like it.

About her clothes size, I weigh less than her (not much though) and at 5ft 10 I'm a size 14/16 but have a BMI of 25 :confused:

Exactly Mazza!!! Every last bit of it was incorrect or out and out falsified for sympathy. I want to contact them to correct them lol

And your stats show her weight vs dress size is totally out.

I am 6ft 2.5" and was told my dead bang healthy weight is 12st 8lb but I can be as much as 13st 12lb and still be in a healthy range. Her BMI would be such that the NHS would not touch her with a barge pole for cosmetics. And she still looked a little chubby to me.

I shouldn't have let it annoy me but he has. How many people will be thinking all bariatric patients had £30,000 spent on them by the NHS!!!

I have just emailed Daybreak and complained. I told them that I am emailing on behalf of myself and other bariatric surgery patients. I told them by misrepresenting the costs we feel this will further add to the negative opinion held by the public towards those who have bariatric surgery on the NHS.

I also explained about funding and how everyone, including the lady they featured, need to meet that criteria or they wont get surgery.

Probably wont make an ounce of difference. But it has made me feel better lol

Good for you just come back on line and been reading your thread it only takes one idiot to state things like that and every one is up in arms and think we are bleeding the NHS dry. I know personally I have had very little from the NHS and I have been offered very little help over the years from gp's about weight loss some of us just can't do it on our own and do need medical intervention when will they learn, I was told and I'm sure i'v said before the consultant told us that the plastic surgery for skin correction will not be available to us by the time our two year is up so wonder if she knows that, the interfering daft git!!!

Thanks Mazza :D

Fuffs said:
I have just emailed Daybreak and complained. I told them that I am emailing on behalf of myself and other bariatric surgery patients. I told them by misrepresenting the costs we feel this will further add to the negative opinion held by the public towards those who have bariatric surgery on the NHS.

I also explained about funding and how everyone, including the lady they featured, need to meet that criteria or they wont get surgery.

Fantastic we should all go on there give gastric operations a better view on how good and beneficial these operations are!!! Team bariatric ;-)

Laura b said:
Fantastic we should all go on there give gastric operations a better view on how good and beneficial these operations are!!! Team bariatric ;-)

Woohoo!! I love it!!

It's sad people feel the NHS owes them. I signed a form before my op saying I would not ask for plastics. Yes I don't like my arms but it is just a scar of my illness and obsession and I would rather the skin to the fat personally.
I was told it cost the NHS £11-15k for a bypass depending on how complicated it is. I am so very thankful for my op and as so want to work well with my tool to save the NHS the money they were spending on meds before my op.
Good on you sending the email hun x x

Fuffs said:

Good for you!
I watched this too,and found the woman really annoying.

Hi

I didn't see the interview but when I checked my hospital info it says a bypass costs between 11k and 12k depending on the patient's BMI. I think she is just exaggerating so people feel sorry for her and offer to pay.

Back