• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Daybreak 11st loss

Hi

I didn't see the interview but when I checked my hospital info it says a bypass costs between 11k and 12k depending on the patient's BMI. I think she is just exaggerating so people feel sorry for her and offer to pay.
yup, thats what i thought.

I just thought the lady was being a bit silly,I mean she was told if she lost another 2 stone she would meet the criteria for plastic funding.
And she didn't want to risk loosing the weight incase she wasn't given funding????
If she found her excess skin so upsetting surely you'd take the risk,what's to lose???
I didn't get it!!

Exactly Em, those why her point became pointless. Felt like they had empty space to fill on the show today and thought, what the hell, lets just have her in! lol

Fuffs said:
Exactly Em, those why her point became pointless. Felt like they had empty space to fill on the show today and thought, what the hell, lets just have her in! lol

Lol
I know silly girl,
But the bad thing is,it makes overweight people look like the nhs 'owe us'.
It's so annoying.

Exactly!! I was cringeworthy from start to finish

Fuffs said:
I have just emailed Daybreak and complained. I told them that I am emailing on behalf of myself and other bariatric surgery patients. I told them by misrepresenting the costs we feel this will further add to the negative opinion held by the public towards those who have bariatric surgery on the NHS.

I also explained about funding and how everyone, including the lady they featured, need to meet that criteria or they wont get surgery.

Probably wont make an ounce of difference. But it has made me feel better lol

Good for you, I was also really angry when I saw that! X

Good for you, I was also really angry when I saw that! X

I am so glad it wasn't just me...Thought my bypass had made me into a grumpy grinch lol

I just caught up on this it wasn't the girl I thought it was, lol!!! Now I'm gonna sound like a right cow but size 12??? I'm a 14 and she looked bigger than me I thought?? Also the prices of surgery who she kidding??? We deffo need to go on there and sort it out lol x

Lol!!! Oh no, there are two of them out there!!!

I was extremely sceptical about size 12. She does look bigger than you Laura lol. And the prices did my head in more than anything. I shouted so loud lol

Fuffs said:
Lol!!! Oh no, there are two of them out there!!!

I was extremely sceptical about size 12. She does look bigger than you Laura lol. And the prices did my head in more than anything. I shouted so loud lol

She may have been quite tall that's why she's a 12???

I didn't see this, but it sounds all wrong to me - just another example of the general public being misinformed!!

yea some people think we just get funding and surgery is an easy path, some not even wanting to go through dietition and therepist, and pre op diet you are so right fuffs. xx

The public need educationg, but many dont want to listen :(

The public need educationg, but many dont want to listen :(

and (trying to be non-judgemental here) - it's always the bloomin thin ones who don't want to listen!!

They are the ones who tend to have the 'just eat healthy and exercise attitude' wow, now that is a novel idea. Do you know, in all my years of battling with my weight, that is the one single thing I haven't tried lol

oh i didnt see it... but she should have to mitain for two years like anyone who has wls. it doesnt matter how you lose the weight you can still put it on.. so she must maintain. a friend really got up my nose the other day... she has lost 4 stone with SW...this is her exact words..
' i havnt cheated my way to losing weight so i have a 100% chance of getting a tummy tuck on the NHS'... i gave her a few choice words.. 1 talking about wls being cheating... then i gave her a few home truths about funding and maintaining.. i also pointed out to her that we have a guy in MK who has lost 24 stone and he cant get funding for skin removal as he needs to wait 2 years and has only been maintaining for 6 months.. and he lost weight without wls... so why she would get surgery for the smallest overhang ive ever seen makes me reel!! xx

Omg!!! Rayne, some people make me catch my breath with how out on out stupid AND rude they are!!! Well done for educating the ignorant person. She doesn't understand what the NHS tummy tuck is for. If I end up with a overhang which isnt too shocking, I will just leave it.

Grrrrrr!!!

Omg!!! Rayne, some people make me catch my breath with how out on out stupid AND rude they are!!! Well done for educating the ignorant person. She doesn't understand what the NHS tummy tuck is for. If I end up with a overhang which isnt too shocking, I will just leave it.

Grrrrrr!!!

I am seriously considering starting a savings account in case of future 'need', but like you Fuffs, if my overhang isn't too shocking (and if I can tuck it in lol) I will leave it. I am seriously squeamish, having operations is not something most of us do by choice - but by need. x

Jamast said:
I am seriously considering starting a savings account in case of future 'need', but like you Fuffs, if my overhang isn't too shocking (and if I can tuck it in lol) I will leave it. I am seriously squeamish, having operations is not something most of us do by choice - but by need. x

I am exactly the same! The thought of a tummy tuck seriously turns my stomach! If I don't need it I am not having it. Arm and thigh lifts make me nearly pass out too lol x

Jamast said:
and (trying to be non-judgemental here) - it's always the bloomin thin ones who don't want to listen!!

See I thought this pre op but post op it's my bigger friends that don't want to listen my thin friends r ever so supportive x

Back