• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Daybreak 11st loss

Laura b said:
See I thought this pre op but post op it's my bigger friends that don't want to listen my thin friends r ever so supportive x

It's made how things can change sometimes. Some of my fat friends are finding my choice harder to settle with actually. Maybe they feel abandoned.

Fuffs said:
It's made how things can change sometimes. Some of my fat friends are finding my choice harder to settle with actually. Maybe they feel abandoned.

Yea I think that's wat it is, my fat friends I always had more fun with but they r the ones who wernt happy with my decision, wernt happy web the weight started falling, never ever have said how well iv done, and r the ones that have spoke behind my back saying well yea she's lost all that weight but cheated lol!!! My thin friends have been so supportive :) I think it's bcus if they r big but ur bigger it makes them feel better that ok they r big but ur bigger web u start getting smaller they become jealous x

Yea I think that's wat it is, my fat friends I always had more fun with but they r the ones who wernt happy with my decision, wernt happy web the weight started falling, never ever have said how well iv done, and r the ones that have spoke behind my back saying well yea she's lost all that weight but cheated lol!!! My thin friends have been so supportive :) I think it's bcus if they r big but ur bigger it makes them feel better that ok they r big but ur bigger web u start getting smaller they become jealous x

I think I agree with that. I remember once my admin worker was playing around with some computer software during lunchbreak - he took my head and put it on a colleagues body (former Model) and put her head on mine. We all had a good laugh, but I will never forget the tone of her voice when she said "I don't ever want you to get that thin - I don't want the competition" I laughed it off at the time, but she definately meant it.

I think the support generally comes from the group you 'fit in with' at any particular time. From what I saw during my time working with women's groups, fat friends support their friends when they are trying to lose weight, until it becomes obvious that their fat friend is becoming a thin friend - then it often turns to jealousy (consciously or unconsciously) and the sniping starts. Whereas thin people start seeing the person who is becoming increasingly thinner as becoming one of them.

I suspect sometimes its desperation. The 'why doesn't anything good happen to me'. I often felt, even though I knew surgery was available, that I would always be fat. That I had been someone horrid or something in a past life to deserve this burden. And I think seeing other people lose weight made me feel less than them.

Yvessa said:
I suspect sometimes its desperation. The 'why doesn't anything good happen to me'. I often felt, even though I knew surgery was available, that I would always be fat. That I had been someone horrid or something in a past life to deserve this burden. And I think seeing other people lose weight made me feel less than them.

That makes sense. I often felt if I am not even capable of losing weight like so and so, then I must be less than them. I have no self control, so I can I be a strong woman. How the human mind works is fascinating.

I had a fat friend tell me 2st ago that I had now lost too much!!! Lol

Back