• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Dead legs post op

Missdiet,
Try googling Mckenzie exercises, they have been my sciatica life savers - along wiith some pretty heavy duty pain killers prescribed by pain clinic consultant, am waiting for facet joint injections for it in the new year which I hope will make a difference as I spend too much time lying down!

Tatiana

Thanks hun.

Well just an update on this.

Ive now changed gp's and my new one has referred me privately to go and see an oesteopath. Im lucky that ive got private medical cover with work after looking at prices!

So i see him on the 5th decemeber. My gp says it sounds like paralastesia which is caused by nerve compression.

It feels a little better but still hurts!

X

Thanks hun.

Well just an update on this.

Ive now changed gp's and my new one has referred me privately to go and see an oesteopath. Im lucky that ive got private medical cover with work after looking at prices!

So i see him on the 5th decemeber. My gp says it sounds like paralastesia which is caused by nerve compression.

It feels a little better but still hurts!

X

How annoying that your first GP was not quite so on the ball :mad: Hope you will soon get some relief, sweetie :wave_cry: xx

Hi all,

Since i woke up after theatre my thighs have been numb. To the point where i can stick my nails in my legs and not really feel it... I asked my surgeon and he said although not common it can happen and that it will pass.

Now 6 days on i spoke to my support nurse at wls group and apparently in 13 years im only the second person to have this in her care/watch. And the other patient got it a month ago. Apparently its paralisis of the legs from the anastesia (spelling?) and it will wear off..

But i dont just have that. The top of my thigh tingles and last night getting into bed it felt like someone took an ice cold carving knife and sliced up my thigh... That hurt!

Has anyone had this?

Xx

I have this now and I haven't even had op although I only get in it my left side. Started off with me left foot then moved to hand then arm and now leg and top of leg I also get hot pins and needles.

I hope it gets better for you x

Back