• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Name 1 thing you can do now, that you couldn't do pre-op

Like others I have a loooong list, but thinking about it, there is one that stands out for me above all others...

I can be me.

Not the bubbly vivacious mask wearing loudmouth I used to be, because I felt I had to make up with personality what I lacked with my body.

And my lord but it feels good.

Like others I have a loooong list, but thinking about it, there is one that stands out for me above all others...

I can be me.

Not the bubbly vivacious mask wearing loudmouth I used to be, because I felt I had to make up with personality what I lacked with my body.

And my lord but it feels good.

That's a wonderful one Shelley, and true for so many of us too I should think.

I'm loving all of your 1 things everyone, and for me, most of them also apply to me too.

Keep 'em coming

xxx

attend school functions without fear of my children having to listen to how fat their mother is the following day xx

Right, a quick list!

Put my socks on
Tie my shoes
Stand up for a wee against a tree (THere's something very manly about that)
Go shopping to high street stores
Talk to people and not feel uncomfortable
Go to strange places and not think I'm going to not fit in the seats or be comfortable
Sleep right through without snoring and keeping my partner awake
Get in and out of the bath with ease
Cycle to my hearts content
Sit in the presence of others and eat without thinking all the eyes are on me and how much am I going to have
Take the kids to school without feeling nervous of other kids
Sit on a chair and not think it's going to break
Touch myself intimately and see what i'm doing :)
Make love in more than just the one position :)

you lot have given me a good laugh with some of these -cheered up my otherwise crappy day

time for the soppy bit -

being a pre op the one thing i look forward to is being a better mum being able to do things that other mums do with their 4 year olds

Sorry Pooks, I have tried to limit myself to just 1 thing but I have to mention 2 things.

The first is getting through every day without any of the 4 insulin injections I had pre-op. The second is being able to sleep without my CPAP mask. The third is being told by good looking ladies after I've told them about my wls that I look "normal".

Sorry I lied about only 2 things. :p

xx

Being able to pick up my dogs poo without turning blue!!!

Being able to pick up my dogs poo without turning blue!!!

PMSL - this just made me spit coffee everywhere! :8855:

Sorry Sam!!!!

Whoo hoo I am looking forward to all of this. yum yum.

I have a few as well.

Climbing the 3 flights of stairs at work without feeling like I'm about to have a heart attack at the top and keeling over from lack of oxygen.

Walking and talking at the same time.

Not having to wedge myself in my bath.

Being able to reach my backside to wipe properly on the loo (sorry if tmi lol)

Being able to scratch the back of my leg whilst I'm lying down when I get an itch without having to get out of bed, stand up and try to reach and scratch (bit of an obscure one this lol).

Being able to take my mum's dog for a walk.

I'm going to stop now as it will turn into a huge list! lol

quick two....
being able to walk round town without getting stopped every two minutes for a chat thus taking hours to go go or do anything (always been easily recognisable, and fairly well known :) )
2. i'm with Mixman on this one...... found a new toy how long has that flaming thing been there????? :) :) :)

Oh my, you lot are soooooo naughty!!!!

More than one, and rude stuff too!!!

Hilarious, really making me giggle. Feel free to post more.

lol

xxx

Back