• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Bucket List

penguina

A friend called yesterday to try to cheer me up, and told me about her bucket list. Not because she is going to die, but just she wants to make her mark on this life, and do some things before she does pop her clogs.

She told me to make one, but at the moment I just don't have any ambitions or wants in life. :confused::sigh:

What are your top bucket list 'want to do's' ?
Maybe some of you will inspire me and I can pinch your idea's.

shelbell

Proudly maintaining
I would love to get a degree and renew my vows as a slim wife.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Haylz6

Get married when slim on our 10th anni

Sky dive

Bungee jump

White water rafting

Climb a mountain

Race for life

Great north bike ride

Coast to coast bike ride

Buy a house

Have children

Tgats just for starters lol xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

suzz69uk

wow what a great thread!

I want to get my degree... start in october! and to go to alton towers or somewhere similar once i know i can fit on the rides xxx

starr

very happy post opper
firstly learn to drive ,,,,,,,and do the walk for life in memory my 2 late sisters and 2 late brothers,,,,,,,,,,,and then with hubby , do route 66 on a harley ,magic!,,,

Magsy

I want to do a parachute Jump. The day i make 13 1/2 stone it WILL be booked. I to would like to renew my vows to my wonderful supportive hubby who has supported me 100%. Hes been to every appointment, every monthly meeting and is now going to do a talk at salford on how surgery effects loves ones. x

831phil

Magsy, you will have to let me know when that is - would like to pop in - can anyone attend there who have had Mr Ammori? even if they didnt have op at SRH?

Miss Tickle

Great thread ! I started my Bucket List the week before surgery and it's getting quite big now. Just a few of the things on it are:
Fly over the Nile in a hot air balloon.
Learn to ride a horse.
Take up Kyaking.
Visit my friend in America.
Travel in New Zealand and Australia.
Complete a Fun Run.
Wear a size 14.
Live by the seaside.
See the Northern Lights.
Walk up Snowdon again.
Start going out places with my hubby regularly.
Go to New York.
To really feel confident - I am so feeling this already :eek:)

I keep adding things- large and small all the time and have already started to tick some of the boxes. Life's to short so have decided to get on with it !

Mazza

Administrator
Staff member
I'm loving this thread but feel sad that I can't think of anything!

Starr's trip on the Harley sounds tempting though xxx

Cicca

I'd love to re-new my vows and wear a big puffy white dress.

I would love to climb a real mountain, not my normal emotional ones!

I also want to learn to dance, never felt brave enough to dance before. Now I have nothing stopping me apart from nautral rhythm!!

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

penguina

This has worked like a kind of curse. I have loved reading all your wishes, but it has left me crying, over all the ones that involve renewing vows and spending time with kids. I wish you all the best with that, and truly cherish your loved ones... One of my biggest regrets is not having children, although they would be grown up now.

And you are not sad Maryann, that is why I started this thread! BUT on a more positive note, I have pinched some idea's, although many are far to glamorous and exotic! And energetic for that point (Haylz this is your list!!) Your lists have rekindled some things I had forgotten I want to do, so my list has started.

Hot air balloon / microlight (always wanted a microlight)

Climb a mountain (not mountain climbing though!)

Learn to dance (lindy hop for some reason, but I am with Cicca no rythem)

Run up my local hill Carn Brea, the last hill in England (The carpark is situated about 2/3rd way up, so this is not as energetic as it sounds)

Run out of steam - no that isn't one, I have lost my mojo - I also need some little more easily doable wishes... Anyone?!

Egypt and New York are out, as they were hubbies wishes, and we never got to them. I would love Australia and NZ but couldn't ever afford to go. Again I would like to drive from San Francisco to L.A down route 101. Did it in 1984 when I was 20 with my mum, couldn't afford to again.

Miss Tickle

Money is a big problem for most of us and fuflling our dreams isn't it? I'm so broke, after working hard all my life, but am thinking of how I can save for my expensive ambitions. it'll take me years to get the money together, and it'll be at least 18 years before I can 'do' New Zealand and Oz because of money and because I have to go to work- but I'm planning on the long haul.
Before my op I wouldn't have even hoped to be alive in 18 years !
It's natural to feel regret at the minute Trish, as you're going through such a traumatic time. But you will start to feel more positive and look to the future when you start to heal. I hope that will be very soon love.
xx

MissDiet

Come on lbs!!!
My bucket list:

-marry
-kids
-earn enough to not worry bout bills
-see pyramids
-jetski
-jump from a plane
-have a sexy photo shoot in buff just for me
-fly business class anywhere nice lol
-learn to ride a motorbike
-wear a bikini and look damn good!

X

TwinkleTwinkle

A Very Happy Bunny
As a pre op'er my bucket list is just to have the op & come through it healthier than before ... after that a bucket will be all I can afford, so it is well named, lol. Good luck to everyone with their aspirations xxx :D

penguina

So you have a thing for men on horses :D

Still haven't thought of anything to add to mine. I am a bit in front of you, just over three years till I snog a Mountie!!