• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Decision made - Marz's sleeve diary

I'm happy that I'm losing but I've lost 13kg since surgery two months ago. I'm thinking that's very low compared to other people's losses. I'm at 39% EWL but that includes two weeks preop where I lost 8kg. Will I get to 6 months and be 60% ish? I know I should be grateful but am also a little worried that I'm not where I should be right now.

39% is good Marz I'm four weeks post op and seem to be loosing very slowly this time as well we are all different so try not to worry too much x

It's hard and we all compare our losses but we shouldn't. Different people, different start weight, different height, different foods, different water intakes, different exercise ect ect ect.

Thanks guys.

I've entered self pity mode and yesterday had a binge. I can't wait for the weekend to be over. Being at home lends itself to poor eating for me. :(

I had a wicked BM a couple of hours ago. I'm hoping things are clear insider now. I turned in my chair earlier and felt like the actual stomach was looser inside.

Ohhh that's such a wonderful feeling isn't it? I never thought a BM could be so satisfying! :D

I haven't weighed or exercised all week. I'm not expecting positive news when I do in the next few minutes. My water intake has been poor. I've been eating about 200 calories too much and in the form of carbs I think. It's been a very long week... I just hope the damage is limited because I don't want to have gone up.

You never know X

Thanks, Niccie. You look fab in your pictures.

Wohooo I've maintained :)/stalled to exactly what I was 10 days ago when I weighed. I'm elated because it could have been so much worse. Now I can try to increase exercise and minimize carbs again. I have a meeting with surgeon in about 3 weeks... Id like time have good news to share by then.

I haven't weighed myself for ages. I've decided it's best not to know. I have a meeting with my Surgeon on less than two weeks now. I need to psych myself up for it ...

I haven't weighed myself for ages. I've decided it's best not to know. I have a meeting with my Surgeon on less than two weeks now. I need to psych myself up for it ...

How are you doing Marz I've been having a read if your diary which surgeon/provider did you use? I'm a bit behind you but think I'm having some if the early struggles you did its not easy is it making all the right choices Xx

How are you doing Marz I've been having a read if your diary which surgeon/provider did you use? I'm a bit behind you but think I'm having some if the early struggles you did its not easy is it making all the right choices Xx

The hospital group with Mr El Hasani. I hope no one goes through this... I mean i look in the mirror and it feels good but then i read other people's journies and they have come so much further.

How long has it been since you got yours done?

The hospital group with Mr El Hasani. I hope no one goes through this... I mean i look in the mirror and it feels good but then i read other people's journies and they have come so much further.

How long has it been since you got yours done?

Seven weeks I have read some and they seem so text book perfect hardly able to eat brill weightloss etc and I worry suppose we are all different and I'm trying to make the right choices but it's hard not yo compare isn't it x

Ladies you really need to get focused on protein and when those voices say to eat crap ignore it. Seriously, i know i have been lucky with my small sleeve but i can still eat crap easily but dont do it. At your early stage only months out its the time to make this work. Get that dense protein in to fill you and drink water or nas squash. If you want results you have to work with your sleeve.
Forget crisps, cake and chocolate..eat a protein meal every few hours when your head tells you to eat. Its the make or break time for you really..good luck and keep focused. When you think about eating anything look at the nutritional value and then ask did you really have your stomach removed and spend thousands to eat rubbish and fail. Its not easy...every day i hear the kitkat chunky monster in me ear..but you have to focus on protein and then fluid. Dont drink half an hour before or after and set a food plan of what to eat and when during the day.
Keep at it ladies x

Ladies you really need to get focused on protein and when those voices say to eat crap ignore it. Seriously, i know i have been lucky with my small sleeve but i can still eat crap easily but dont do it. At your early stage only months out its the time to make this work. Get that dense protein in to fill you and drink water or nas squash. If you want results you have to work with your sleeve.
Forget crisps, cake and chocolate..eat a protein meal every few hours when your head tells you to eat. Its the make or break time for you really..good luck and keep focused. When you think about eating anything look at the nutritional value and then ask did you really have your stomach removed and spend thousands to eat rubbish and fail. Its not easy...every day i hear the kitkat chunky monster in me ear..but you have to focus on protein and then fluid. Dont drink half an hour before or after and set a food plan of what to eat and when during the day.
Keep at it ladies x

Thanks Kar I have noticed crap doesn't fill me like a small proper meal I'm interested to read that even with the small sleeve you had you can get rubbish down I would have assumed you couldn't think I need to think of a few more healthy protein snacks for between my meals x

Last edited:
I can eat anything too. A piece of chicken really does fill me up though.
I weighed this morning and have lost a kg! I'm two pounds away from 50lb loss so I'm elated. Now time to refocus....

Yes basically if it's soft it passes through anyone's sleeve quicker. I'm pleased you have taken my advice on board as I really want people to be successful with their surgery as it's such a rollecoaster all the way!

Yes basically if it's soft it passes through anyone's sleeve quicker. I'm pleased you have taken my advice on board as I really want people to be successful with their surgery as it's such a rollecoaster all the way!

It defo is and that's what I come here for advice so thanks think I'm mayb struggling a bit as this is my 3rd op and I've gone from band to sleeve x

Back