• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Decision Time !

Having done some research, it appears that Mr Super only does the band, he doesn't perform any other kind of surgery. At least he hadn't up to 2014 - according to the into I can find. Does anybody have any other information to contradict this. Because obviously I would think he might be biased towards the band if that is the case.

Surgeons do what they're best at. I had a consultation with Mr Super but ended up with a surgeon that was more convenient geographically for me. Have to say, got a lot of info and reassurance from Mr Super, would have gone with him had he have been closer. I know he is doing a "New" type of band and has done lots of research,

Surgeons do what they're best at. I had a consultation with Mr Super but ended up with a surgeon that was more convenient geographically for me. Have to say, got a lot of info and reassurance from Mr Super, would have gone with him had he have been closer. I know he is doing a "New" type of band and has done lots of research,

I had Mr Super he was great and I'm trailing the "New" type of band for him, it's called the AMI Protector Band.

Sounds like they expect it to have slightly better results than the normal one. Did you say you ad yours in July Sharon? How much have you lost so far and what are you eating?

Sounds like they expect it to have slightly better results than the normal one. Did you say you ad yours in July Sharon? How much have you lost so far and what are you eating?

Yes Sharon I had my band fitted July 7th and I've lost 2st 7lbs since then, I've only been eating normal foods since Tuesday as I was 8 weeks post op, everything I eat is going down fine and I'm constantly hungry all the time but I'm trying my damn hardest to stick to the rules. Breakfast I'll have 1 slice of toast with honey or weetabix or bran flakes, dinner is 2 cream crackers with Philadelphia and tea is fish with vegetables or salad and I drink a lot of sugar free vimto cordial and coffee. I go for my first fill Monday at good hope hospital which I'm looking forward to then back to liquids again. How are you getting on Sharon?

I'm seeing Mr Super on Monday. Ideally I'd like the sleeve though so I don't think he'll be doing the op. I was thinking about the band but if you're feeling hungry on it then I doubt it will work for me as I need that restriction, my self-control around food is pants! Lol. Well done on the loss though, that's fantastic in 2 months! Xx

Thanks Sharon. Appointment went well, he went through options and asked me did I want a particular surgery or was I prepared to have one randomly selected for the study. I said id prefer a sleeve and he said absolutely no problem, I'll book you in for a sleeve.
Should be around December time as he said no longer than 18 weeks from date of seminar!!
It's really happening!
Can't wait! How are you? Have you had your fill yet?

Oops my apologies Lin Davey, it was you who sent the good luck message! Thank you. I'm thrilled with how it went.

Wow that's good news lady Shan. I'm still waiting for my date. Think I will give the hospital a call as have holiday booked for them of the month. Starting to get frustrated!

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

Back