• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Decisions decisions...Prague options

Wobbletogo

Likes to read
Hi,

I'm new to the site, but have been reading a few posts.

I have in the space of a week decided I want the gastric wrap and will go to Prague, I'm not too nervous about going to Prague as I had a czech au pair in 2001 who had eye laser surgery years before we'd even heard of it over here, so I know they are way ahead of us ( also she was very well educated so I feel they have a better education system over there).

My confusion is with who to go with, looking up on the internet it seems the top three companies are Cosmestic Bliss, BBC Direct and Prague Beauty Ltd.

Price is a consideration obviously, and Cosmetic Bliss is the most expensive.

However, it would help me (and probably others) if on one thread people could comment on their experiences, good and bad, with these companies and what made them choose a particular one, or which surgeon they chose and why?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Hi,

I'm new to the site, but have been reading a few posts.

I have in the space of a week decided I want the gastric wrap and will go to Prague, I'm not too nervous about going to Prague as I had a czech au pair in 2001 who had eye laser surgery years before we'd even heard of it over here, so I know they are way ahead of us ( also she was very well educated so I feel they have a better education system over there).

My confusion is with who to go with, looking up on the internet it seems the top three companies are Cosmestic Bliss, BBC Direct and Prague Beauty Ltd.

Price is a consideration obviously, and Cosmetic Bliss is the most expensive.

However, it would help me (and probably others) if on one thread people could comment on their experiences, good and bad, with these companies and what made them choose a particular one, or which surgeon they chose and why?

Any advice would be much appreciated.
Hey wobble, I went with cosmetic bliss, as after all my research, i found them to be the best, and as its your health, you cant be too careful. With CB everything is covered. All you have to do is get yourself to Stanstead airport and back. Also, if you have a problem and have to stay in hdu for an extra night or something, the cost of this is covered with CB, please check with the other companies, as ive heard of people having to come up with more money. If you would like to know anything else, please just ask :) good luck honey :) xxx

I too went with CB as it was truly "all in" like Caren said all you need to do is get on the plane at stanstead, after that you are never confused, alone, wondering what's happeneing next etc etc. Also try as I might I could never find anything bad about them, or Dr Cierny.....I needed to feel safe and confident who I had chosen.

Another one for CB here too although I had the sleeve :)

I choose them because all the reviews on the company and Dr Cierny were good, Dr C has years of bariatric surgery experience and very good statistics. I also wanted to have everything included as I didnt want the added stress of organising everything and the worry that if in the slim chance anything went wrong, I would have to find more money. I would recommend them to anyone x

I cut out the middleman and had s sleeve with dr hruby at Turnov. He also does wraps....he charges in euros and the exchange rate is very good at the moment!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using WLSurgery

Cosmetic Bliss ,Brilliant first Class service all inclusive price and a world renowned surgeon. A no brainer for me as you'll only do this once so go with the best. Victoria x

As above.. I also went with cosmetic bliss and very happy. I know it's a little more expensive, but I felt safe and well cared for. Can't put a cost price on yourself xx

Wow overwhelming vote for Cosmetic Bliss so far. I will obviously do more research, Prague Beauty also seem to do an all in package but I clesrly need to ask more questions about "if anything goes wrong!"

Thanks for your responses, and quite right, your health is too important to cut costs just for the sake of a few pounds, though I bet some could argue going abroad is cutting costs as the surgery is available in the UK just at a much inflated price!

Wobbletogo said:
Wow overwhelming vote for Cosmetic Bliss so far. I will obviously do more research, Prague Beauty also seem to do an all in package but I clesrly need to ask more questions about "if anything goes wrong!"

Thanks for your responses, and quite right, your health is too important to cut costs just for the sake of a few pounds, though I bet some could argue going abroad is cutting costs as the surgery is available in the UK just at a much inflated price!

I was looking at Prague beauty beforehand... They have a nice looking web page but I only had one review to go by which the company put me In touch with... I wanted more reviews to feel safe...
Who ever you decide to go with ensure you find out who the surgeon is and do your research there also.
Cosmetic bliss has DR Cierny and he was amazing :). Xx
There was a thread on here before about BBC someone had a great deal of issues with them.. But then some people may not have had any issues..
There is also mediczech and secret surgery that have good reviews...
If you give Michael a call at CB he is great and there is no hard sell which is good. Xx

Thanks Claire,

I did email CB and PB both with just one question about whether their surgeon does the single or two layer wrap,I had been reading research published by the Iranian guy who invented the wrap 12 years ago and he had found a 2-layer wrap was safer.

CB replied within a few hours and answered the question clearly and concisely.

PB took more than a day to reply, just sent a brochure and sales details and didn't even mention my question!

Not a good start for PB lol

Wobbletogo said:
Thanks Claire,

I did email CB and PB both with just one question about whether their surgeon does the single or two layer wrap,I had been reading research published by the Iranian guy who invented the wrap 12 years ago and he had found a 2-layer wrap was safer.

CB replied within a few hours and answered the question clearly and concisely.

PB took more than a day to reply, just sent a brochure and sales details and didn't even mention my question!

Not a good start for PB lol

Well thats good... Keep us updated how u get on x

All you'll get off PB is hard sell and no questions answered. I asked for name of surgoen and the surgeons CV I got nothing so that was my answer in a nutshell. Victoria x

Hi Victoria,

PB's surgeon is Dr Vrany, his details are on their website, perhaps they didn't have that when you was looking, but have to admit he looks very dodgy in his photo lol

Seriously thoigh if they can't answer questions then they aren't much good. I did go back to them with the same question and they replied saying they would ask the surgeon and get back to me...I await with bated breath!

Dr Martin Fried is the other surgeon who interests me as he was mentioned in an article by Dr Talebpour recently. It seems though he works for at least 3 different agemcies and they all quote different prices. Would be nice to be able to email him direct.

I shall continue my research, though in terms of time off and childcare would be good if I could get something booked for end of August, so it might end up being more about availability then price!

Wobble,

Martin Fried was still being advertised on BBC website when I was doing my research but when I told then that he would be my chosen surgeon I was told by Maria (BBC). That he no longer worked for BBC.

I was then given the hard sell by Nick saying the price would only hold for this long etc etc. When I then questioned them about surgeon and surgeons CV etc. I heard no more from them enough said and I was off straight to CB.

With CB you get Rolls Royce service for not a lot more than the very dodgy service you would probably get from BBC. As they didn't even ask about me getting blood testing done etc. So with what I found out in my dealing with them I was off like a scolded cat to CB. You even get a 2 year follow programme with them how many UK private hospitals offer that in the price and I wouldn't think you'd get any support off BBC. Victoria x

Thx Victoria,

Can I ask why you chose the sleeve over the wrap?

I had a wrap with CB in March and you can see my results in my siggie. Please, please, please don't be swayed by price. The service you get at CB is priceless!!! Any ?'s you have feel free to pm. You will not regret it!!!

xxxxx

I have in the space of a week decided I want the gastric wrap and will go to Prague

In a week you decided what surgery and what country you want it in? Good for you.

I can understand how you can decided on which type of surgery. But why have you ruled out the rest of Europe?

Isn't Belgium, as one alternative county, also a place to consider?

Nobody talks about Begium Muttley so it never crossed my mind, do you have experience there?

The Czech Republic seemed logical to me as a) Dr Martin Fried was the first european surgeon mentioned by Dr Talebpour, and b) I had a Czech aupair back in 2001 who had her eyes lasered in Prague, many years before it was ever considered a procedure over here so I felt safe that they are pretty ahead of the times as far as European countries go.

To be honest, if i was asked, without any research, I would assume Belgium to be about as epensive if not more then the UK.

Hi Wobble,

At first I thought I wanted the wrap due to cost if nothing else. Then on further research I discovered it was a newer procedure with next to no long term results available.

The grelin producing hormone is still with you after the wrap with the sleeve it is cut away so hence to date in my case no hunger pangs.

The recovery of the sleeve opper is faster due to the body getting rid of the trapped gases quicker

Victoria x

In a week you decided what surgery and what country you want it in? Good for you.

You also chose Czech Republic Muttley until you know what happened. Why are you still trying to put people off because you know were I'm coming from. I will report you to the mods if nessessary because of your vindictive ways. Victoria x

Back