• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Decisions decisions...Prague options

Nobody talks about Begium Muttley so it never crossed my mind, do you have experience there?

<snip>

To be honest, if i was asked, without any research, I would assume Belgium to be about as epensive if not more then the UK.

Yes I have the experience of researching a number of surgeons and agents/providers too. A number of them seem to be going the way of phasing out "bands" and going for the "wrap" (although I have to admit that I was not interested in the "wrap", but they al gave me info on it as well as an alternative.

I found the prices comparable to the CR, with differing options of support from the agents/providers. I didn't compare "wrap" prices with UK "wrap" prices as a) not my preferred surgery and b) there is limited "wrap" surgeons in the UK isn't there?

Muttley, Obviously with me being new to the forums I don't know the history of your posts like Victoria does,have you something against CR? Where are you having your sleeve done on 17th?

Hi Wobble,

The most wraps to have been completed (in Europe at least) have been performed in the Czech Republic by either Pro Martin Fried & Dr M Cierny.

This is based on the research that I did when initially thought I wanted a Wrap procedure later to become Sleeve procedure.

No history of Belgium surgeons could be found at the time.

Maybe Muttley can enligthen us both with the knowledge he has gained during his clinical research on Belgium surgeons and their obviously vast experience in this procedure.

Victoria x

have you something against CR?

No, I have nothing against the Czech Republic and nor do I have anything for it, but that of course isn't the point. I'm interested in the Surgeons and the agents/providers, not where they are.

Your original post said that you had in a week decided which procedure and in which city you wanted it done in - but didn't know which surgeon and/or Agent/provider you wanted to go with.

Absolutely your choice if that is the way you research and make narrow your options. I was simply questioning how/why you had chosen which Country you wanted the procedure in before you had chosen a surgeon and/or agent/provider. Others here and in other places have said the big choice is firstly, what type of surgery they would opt for then would they consider having the procedure out of the UK or not before they got into the details of which surgeons and agents/providers.

Well Muttley, I guess that's what makes up the rich tapestry of life, variety! Some people take forever weighing up all the options before making a decision. Some take in the information quickly and go with what feels right. Both ways have the same chance of being positive or negative, just because people don't do the same as you doesn't make them wrong, just different.

Back