• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Decisions..

Sianyx

Hi, I am new here and just starting my journey.

I have my first appointment on the 1st of February and I'm not quite sure which surgery I'd opt for. I imagine when I have spoken to the surgeon I'll have a better idea but after doing A LOT of research I'm considering asking for the Duodenal Switch.

I know the Gastric Bypass and the Sleeve are good options, they're performed all the time but everything I read makes me think the switch would be better for me. So I guess what I'm asking is has anyone else had or thought about this option?

I think I just needed to waffle and get it out, sorry. o_O

Hello and don't apologise!

Unfortunately we don't have many ds'ers as members but those we do have been very successful.

As you've done your research I'm sure you and your surgeon will decide on the best option for you xx

Hey. So your at the start also. would like to know more about your surgery choice?. I'm not quite sure what it is in fact.

Hi, I am new here and just starting my journey.

I have my first appointment on the 1st of February and I'm not quite sure which surgery I'd opt for. I imagine when I have spoken to the surgeon I'll have a better idea but after doing A LOT of research I'm considering asking for the Duodenal Switch.

I know the Gastric Bypass and the Sleeve are good options, they're performed all the time but everything I read makes me think the switch would be better for me. So I guess what I'm asking is has anyone else had or thought about this option?

I think I just needed to waffle and get it out, sorry. o_O
I was advised to have this from my surgeon I have funding put aside for it. We decided to do a two stage procedure so the sleeve first which I had April 25th last year and after 18 months it was to be reassessed and carried forward to the switch. Not sure I'll go ahead with it now though as I don't think I'll need it. We will listen to you and try and help where we can xx

Hey. So your at the start also. would like to know more about your surgery choice?. I'm not quite sure what it is in fact.
Yes, I'm so glad I found this place at the very start, it has been so reassuring to see so many lives changed by having WLS. The Duodenal Switch is a seriously malabsorptive WLS, basically its a sleeve with the intestines being rerouted. Only certain surgeons perform the surgery. It has more risks but also huge benefits. :)

I was advised to have this from my surgeon I have funding put aside for it. We decided to do a two stage procedure so the sleeve first which I had April 25th last year and after 18 months it was to be reassessed and carried forward to the switch. Not sure I'll go ahead with it now though as I don't think I'll need it. We will listen to you and try and help where we can xx
Thank you :) Many I ask why you opted for the two stage procedure? x

Yes, I'm so glad I found this place at the very start, it has been so reassuring to see so many lives changed by having WLS. The Duodenal Switch is a seriously malabsorptive WLS, basically its a sleeve with the intestines being rerouted. Only certain surgeons perform the surgery. It has more risks but also huge benefits. :)

Thank you :) Many I ask why you opted for the two stage procedure? x
I was a very high weight and they didn't think it possible to lose all the weight with the sleeve... I now only have 57 until target so they can be wrong x

I was a very high weight and they didn't think it possible to lose all the weight with the sleeve... I now only have 57 until target so they can be wrong x
Wow that's fantastic! Hopefully I'll get my answers! I just can't wait for the 1st to come round now x

Hello :) I can't answer your question but I just wanted to say hello and welcome and wish you the very best of luck :)

Back