• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Delayed effect of fill

bikerlady

Hi all, not been on here for a while. I had my third fill yesterday, after the last one I needed an aspiration of 0.5 ml, so I made sure I took a thick milk shake with me which I drank along with a coffee (hung around town) over the next two hours in case I needed some fluid taken out. All seemed ok so I left but later in the day I got hiccups and after that I've struggled to get any liquid in at all, in fact I'm sat up in bed now because I woke up choking on liquid which had come back up while I was laying down, very scary. I really thought the fill was ok, now I'm afraid it's too tight! Anyone else had similar experiences? Thanks all xx

Last edited:
How long was i between you having liquid then laying down???? Although I have had a wrap I cannot laydown for at least 2-3hrs after eating or drinking as it all lays in what feels like my chest.

Hi all, not been on here for a while. I had my third fill yesterday, after the last one I needed an aspiration of 0.5 ml, so I made sure I took a thick milk shake with me which I drank along with a coffee (hung around town) over the next two hours incase I needed some fluid taken out. All seemed ok so I left but later in the day I got hiccups and after that I've struggled to get any liquid in at all, intact I'm sat up in bed now because I woke up choking on liquid which had come back up while I was laying down, very scary. I really thought the fill was ok, now I'm afraid it's too tight! Anyone else had similar experiences? Thanks all xx
Hi Claire, thanks for the reply. I had a drink about 10pm and went to bed around midnight, I woke around 1am. I got up and sucked an ice lolly, some came back up. I have slept sitting up on sofa. I have tried a cold cranberry juice this morning and cant get it down at all. Im going to contact my provider and see what they say :-(

Hi Claire, thanks for the reply. I had a drink about 10pm and went to bed around midnight, I woke around 1am. I got up and sucked an ice lolly, some came back up. I have slept sitting up on sofa. I have tried a cold cranberry juice this morning and cant get it down at all. Im going to contact my provider and see what they say :-(

Just keep trying to sip, I dont know that much about bands but my BFF has on and hers takes ages to 'wake-up', cant recommend a sports water bottle enough to get fluid down minus the air, so keep trying to sip while your Provider gets back to you hun xx

Hope you managed to speak with your provider. For what its worth, I can't drink very cold fluids...ever! I would try something tepid- like a luke warm cup of milky coffee and sip. I tried a slushpuppy drink once and thought I'd choke!!

Thanks very much for you comments and advice, Ive had a pretty rough day, in such a lot of discomfort. Had to go back down to the clinic (over 100 miles each way), the nurse took 0.6ml leaving 0.4ml in my band. I had instant relief but obviously worried that the amount left in will be enough.I'll see how I go. She told me to drink warm drinks, I was told to drink cold drinks or suck on ice lollies by the other nurse!! Anyway, Ive had a hot chocolate which has gone now no problem. Having WL surgery is not the easy option some people suggest it to be. Thanks again for you replies, it really does help :) xxx

Glad you're sorted - I know how stressful it is, earlier in the week when I was struggling you try not to stress but you cant help it and the more you want it to go down the less it will! xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

At least you're sorted but I too prefer warm drinks....I think cold drinks are the devils test :)

Yes this has happened to me too, sometimes 1cl can make such a difference to how you digest food and liquids. If you can't lie down I should go back and have a little taken out until you feel more comfortable, good luck

Back