• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Deliberate weight gain

quetiapina

Bumps along somehow
Hi everyone, did you see the article in a Woman's mag today (think it was Closer) about a woman who had had a Gastric sleeve on NHS and lost about 12 stone (she was about 34 stone I think)? She is now regaining the weight because being fitter now and considered able to work an so has had her Disability cut. She's even been offered a Tummy Tuck etc. on NHS when she gets down to 17 stone!

I have to say I was appalled - particularly when I think about all of the people here who have had to fight tooth and nail for WLS on NHS or have had to find the money to pay for it. Grrrr:mad:

I haven't seen it, but like you it soooo makes my blood boil! I m am having to struggle financially to fund my band op myself...and pay for this ladies benefits too!!!!

Yes, it's bloody low. I hadn't though Susie but I too am helping to fund her! Double Grrrr.

Thats absolutely disgusting. I would love to be able to return to work. Unless my other health problems go away I won't be going back for a while but to gain weight to claim benefits is just stupid. I'd much rather have my health and work for my money than make myself ill to get it from the government. I've always worked and just before I finished I was working 70 hours every week. This story is shocking but then again it says what kind of woman she is if she's got the gall to admit it.

Typical of some ppl isnt it . dont know when they are well off. ppl are getting refused and she abusing what she been given. the nhs should cut all ties with her

all the best - MeJulie xx

Nothing surprises me about what i read in woman's mag's everything is aimed at selling more than your competitor. There is a small number of people that seem to get by in this world with no regard for others or how they get their money - whether it be fleecing the welfare state (which they may not have paid in any contributions) to selling their mind, body and soul.

To thine own self be true x

OMG !!!!!! grrrrr and double grrrrrr as if she is showing her bloody face four packets of space invaders a day because she can no longer buy ww ones , how the hell did she get the operation in the first place. And why did she go though with it if she didnt want a healthier life so she could get back to work. Iv just paid a big tax bill this week feel like ringing them for a refund so i can buy some space invaders lol

Omg i just read that article she infuriates me big time and she is so ungrateful she was on one of the lucky ones to be given wls and now is talking a whole load of crap.
I cant manage to work due at the mo due to my obesity related health problems i cant claim incapacity or dla and i get £120 a week to live off for me and my 17 yr old son. and my 2 dogs lol. Out of that i only spend £60 the most on shopping how come i can buy fruit and veg and a whole load of healthy stuff and still lose weight.
I honestly feel like giving her a slap and saying "stop being so ungrateful u have had wls stop buying crap and you will manage very well on the money yout get or get off your arse and get a job"
She said"she cant believe that after all her hard work someone has come along and undone her work" wat a load of crap !!

When i get to 21/22 stone nothing is going to stop me getting a job, granted it might have to be a job that is desk based but believe u me i will not be on benefits at that weight.
I have lost 31lbs in 8 weeks so how come i can buy healthy food on alot less money than she has and have a teenage son to support, she needs to wake up and smell the coffee and stop being so ungrateful.
Sorry rant over lol xxx

OMFG!!!! I can't believe what I've just read (thanks FL). What on earth is she doing eating chocolate bars and crisps anyway. I don't always feel like eating an apple but I don't turn to chocolate bars instead. This woman should be absolutely ashamed of herself. I would like an extra £100 but I'm not going to eat my way to it. God I'm speechless now and that is something that does'nt happen very often lol.

Ive come to the conclusion that she must have some sort of learning difficulty as no one with normal inteligence would go public about what she is doing. gobsmacked

I'm still in a state of shock and disbelief about it. I mean - we eat less when we've had WLS anyway, and healthy food isn't that much more expensive. And imagine - that offer of a Tummy tuck at 17 stones, a lot of people here (myself included) would chew their own arm off to get that. Pah. And to brag about it in a magazine - I think she genuinely thought people would be sympathetic to her "plight". Scumbalina. Grrr (again).

The more I think about it, the more angry I get. The whole thing just smacks of massive injustice.

Back