• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Deliberate weight gain

I can't believe she has the nerve to go public with a story like this :eek: ...but sadly people are that devious :sigh:

I used to work for a well known government dept and processed claims to Incapacity Benefit for many years...the majority of people were genuine but there were equally as many who weren't...some of them being in the system for so many years they would never be affected by any new rules & regs that were subsequently brought in since they first claimed....folks like her think it's their god given right to have these benefits...I think it's all wrong:(

I worked full time for 25 years since I was 16 years old (part time since last April) and if for some unforseen reason was drastically ill and needed to claim these benefits now for myself (which, thank goodness I don't) I would not be entitled due to lack of National Insurance contributions this past year.

what a shameful, greedy woman she is :badmood:truly disgraceful !!!!

I have been on incapacity benefit for the last 12 months due to the arthritus and had the op to hopefully cure the problem or at least get it to a point where I will be able to return to work wsometime in the future. It is the first tine in the 19 years since leaving school I have had to claim benefits. She just makes a mockery of wls and people on benefits and to think my friend had to have her keg amoutated because of cancer and is virtually a prisoner in her own home unless she has assistance getting in and out of the property has been told she is fit for work and not allowed to claim disabilty allowance or incapacity benefit and she has 3 children under the age of 18. It just makes my blood boil. arrggghhhhhhhh

Hi Terri, it is shocking to think how some people can work "the system" and others struggle on. I've always worked and hate the fact that since my first stroke in 2003 I've not been able to. I too get DLA but this is'nt due to my obesity but because of other illness's. I'd love to return to work and be independent again.The thought of them telling your friend she's fit enough for work really makes my blood boil. This is the difference though, those who know how to work the system and those who don't.

just read this article and wot a smug ungrateful f**k. funny how she cannot afford all the healthy stuff when some times the healthier stuff is cheaper then all the sh*te shes been eating. talking about wallowing in self pity and stuff.....................hope someone from dla and social read that article and make her get a job, i see the boyfriend is unemployed as well............flaming effing typical. maybe if they got off their asses instead of watching tv 7 hours and day and scoffing stuff she would have the money, dont rely on us tax payers to find for her lazyness..........

Mejulie lol, this has got you just like it got me, LIVID. What I don't understand either is that she states her DLA was used for the gym?? If she's that disabled she would'nt be able to do the gym.Weight watchers snacks?? Why not use other healthy options that are probably cheaper than weight watchers ones. Hair highlights?? I have to save for my hair cuts and have to dye my own because I can't afford to have it coloured at the hair dressers.My DLA is used for my care and my transport.My car is a mobility car and I give my daughter the care component of my DLA because she helps me so much whether it be around the house or if I'm having a really bad day she will help me shower.

weight watchers snacks may be loew fat but are high in sugar she just takes the biscuit (whether it be tescos own or weight watchers label) excuse the pun. Some people deserve to be slapped and she is one of them. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I don't feel like eating fruit and veg everyday (cause its boring and sometimes sticks), but I have too as I certainly can't eat biscuits or chocolate. Blimey if I wanted chocoldate every day it would cost me a fortune buying diabetic chocolate so I would defo need to get a job.

Talk about reinforcing people perceptions that fat people or people who have wls are nothing but lazy, greedy slobs. Which we know is not true.

Mejulie lol, this has got you just like it got me, LIVID. What I don't understand either is that she states her DLA was used for the gym?? If she's that disabled she would'nt be able to do the gym.Weight watchers snacks?? Why not use other healthy options that are probably cheaper than weight watchers ones. Hair highlights?? I have to save for my hair cuts and have to dye my own because I can't afford to have it coloured at the hair dressers.My DLA is used for my care and my transport.My car is a mobility car and I give my daughter the care component of my DLA because she helps me so much whether it be around the house or if I'm having a really bad day she will help me shower.

Why dont they both get off their asses and work for a living to pay for the things other tax payers are paying for, why should she be able to get another op on the nhs when most ppl cant get one??? I know wot u mean regarding dla (dont get me started on that one ) LOL......maybe i should gain weight and get them to help me eh!!! seems its the only way forward...lie and decieve and u get it all..................this effing government is well and truly effed up

Julie you are so right. The government need to kick ass with those who need it and give help to those who genuinely need it. The system is so out of order.Shall we all try and get that extra £1oo a month for healthy foods after surgery??They would just laugh at us and tell us to get a grip lolxx

Julie you are so right. The government need to kick ass with those who need it and give help to those who genuinely need it. The system is so out of order.Shall we all try and get that extra £1oo a month for healthy foods after surgery??They would just laugh at us and tell us to get a grip lolxx

tbh gay , I would really like to know how the effing hell she gets all that wonga (money) anyway...............I might upstick and move to where she gets hers from . LOL (j/k) NO reason for the boyfriend or her to work tbh. they got very serve case of idleitis, i really do home they get their come uppance !!Bring back thatcher (if only ) government only gone belly up since men been put in charge - I rest my case (sorry guys) lol

pmsl @ get the b.f a job that mean them paying taxes, poll tax and rent , nhs prescriptions etc, dont be silly ................lmfao @ you

Gosh, I can see why you are all so angry about this. She gives genuine benefit claimants a bad name.

Part of my job is pointing out to people in debt who have lost their jobs or who are ill what benefits they might be entitled to. Some people are in serious hardship and on the verge of losing their homes etc that they have worked hard for throughout their life, usually through no fault of their own. I see tragic cases every day.

Its shocking that she has been given a second chance at a healthy life and she is not choosing to embrace it and instead is complaining that her benefits have been cut.

I'm not defending her here ( I think what she is doing is appalling, especially as she has stated that she has no intention of looking for work) but I guess this is a classic case of someone caught in the "poverty trap". She is getting £430 of her monthly rent paid, no doubt her council tax paid as well, income support + incapacity. I guess she and her bloke would need to both find decent jobs to put her in a position where she would be better off working.

what a lazy ungrateful stupid biatch. She puts not only wls to shame but people on DLA / incap.

Cant afford weightwatchers crisps, dont bloody buy em then get off your lazy fat-getting-fatter arse and go to Lidl or Aldi, or how about the pound shop for the cheap crap your eating!!
Never worked, no suprise there then, and if she didnt want to lose weight 1-why get the op in to first place 2- why use the money on the gym ? whats she using the gym for? the showers ?cant afford soap or hot running water on £600 ?

Ye notice it doesnt say where the lazy cow lives ? Damn it makes me mad as hell to think there are people fighting tooth n nail to get surgery when she just pops in, gets it done then wrecks it. Wonder if her surgeon has seen it bet hes frothing.
Im off to change the bed it will be done in 3 secs flat now im that mad

P.S. Ye hair looks crap love so thats a waste of money would have looked better and cost less dipping her head in a bucket of bleach...grrr im off

Sam I know where you are coming from, he would need a damn good job as they get far too much given to them on a plate when they are on benefits, and the ones that genuinely struggle to not find owrk for one reason or another dont get half as the system changes so much, The ones on benefit for years are much better off than the ones just getting it now.:mad:

Just started to read the article and had to stop. I'm so angry that someone who has never worked!!!! never contributed to the social system has just thrown away an opportunity that so many people would have loved and made the most of. Grrrrrrr. I'm wondering how clever she will feel now this is in the public domain. I would expect a public backlash much the same as the one that happed to the strange lady who appeared on "Wife Swap" and thought that her and her partner were totally entitled to all the benefits so that they could stay at home, smoke,watch the television..........OMG I'd better stop now or I will go into overdrive..............

tbh gay , I would really like to know how the effing hell she gets all that wonga (money) anyway...............I might upstick and move to where she gets hers from . LOL (j/k) NO reason for the boyfriend or her to work tbh. they got very serve case of idleitis, i really do home they get their come uppance !!Bring back thatcher (if only ) government only gone belly up since men been put in charge - I rest my case (sorry guys) lol

if she gets Income Support that will automatically entitle her to things like free prescriptions, help with council tax/housing benefits, free dental & optician treatment...if you add up what that could cost a working person, then you realise why she won't work....it's worth a lot of money just getting help with those things :sigh:

Back