• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Derby

Just Jayne

Went to my first group appointment on 7th August at Derby Royal Infirmary .
Only 5 of us at this first meeting .Is there anyone else doing this same course as me?
It was everything i expected but i had hoped it wasn't for 12 months...gonna be a hard Christmas this year.
There was a mention of a 'study' into Bands ,sleeve and Bypass and they would discuss in more detail later onand would be asking for volunteers for a study group.
Has anyone else been involved in one of these studies?
Next appointment is for personal assessment 4-6 weeks.

Ahh there fab at derby I just had me op 7 days ago time will fly by staff are great also derby hospitals bariatric have group support page which is really good x

How are you doing Vain? Glad your back :)
ahh thank you think I was a bit over emotional and sensitive lol am doing really good at moment it was rough first few days following surgery as they did hiatus hernia repair and my BP went a bit made but on the mend xxx

Is it the by band study? The one where you don't get to choose which surgery they give you? I haven't done it but I have heard of it.

ahh thank you think I was a bit over emotional and sensitive lol am doing really good at moment it was rough first few days following surgery as they did hiatus hernia repair and my BP went a bit made but on the mend xxx

So glad to hear your doing well. Welcome to the losers bench and your new life. Your gonna love it x

29th seems ages away but atleast it gives me time to do some more homework.
Has anyone had their ops done by Prof.Richard Donnelly.
Think he does Nottingham and Derby.
Congratulations Vain !!

29th seems ages away but atleast it gives me time to do some more homework. Has anyone had their ops done by Prof.Richard Donnelly. Think he does Nottingham and Derby. Congratulations Vain !!
that's not long Hun at all no but I know of him his amazing xx

Does anyone know how long the waiting list is at Derby atm?

Does anyone know how long the waiting list is at Derby atm?
I am under Mr Leeder at Derby, I was told he was putting me on the waiting list for surgery in Dec 2015, got a letter in April 16 saying that I was now actually on the waiting list and was offered a surgery date in November 16 which unfortunately I had to decline as had a holiday booked in January 2017 and would not have been able to get travel insurance so soon after the operation. I am delighted to say that my new date is 6th March so now getting extremely excited and nervous at the same time!

Back