• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Did anyone watch this? Gastric Band Regret on ITV

Maybe he was too young, but clearly in a bad place at the time, it will be interesting to see how he goes once it is removed.

It's clear he didn't have any support and proper medical advice. I think he may regret removing it, because he clearly still has issues with food

I agree he may regret it,he admitted he sometimes didn't follow the rules,by eating too much etc,I wonder what the pains are maybe it's slipped? Hope it works out for him x

It's very difficult to know what is best. Part of me thinks it should not be carried out on children but if your child is trying to kill themselves and you can ease that pain then you will do it. He may be having pain now but surely it has put him in a happier place for some of those years. It should be explored as to what is causing the pain because that is not normal and I do wonder if it is being blamed on the band because it is easier than looking into what is causing it. I agree that he will probably regret having it removed and could quite easy to put all that weight back on. I sincerely hope we are completely wrong on that account.

Debbie

Back