• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Did I dump or just vomit?

Dell

Tried some risotto for lunch, after a couple of mouthfuls, I started feeling lousy, it wouldn't go down and my mouth was watering, lots of wind, then it all came back with lots of liquid :(

Straight afterwards, I started with a cracking headache and feel a bit "off"...is it just because I threw up (pouch is sore!) or was it a dump do you think/

Avoiding risotto from now on anyway!

That just sounds like it didn't agree with you!

Doesn't sound like a dump. For me dumping is getting very shaky, dizzy, feeling nauseous etc. But 'just sick' is bad enough. Poor you. Hugs n love. xxxx

Thanks guys, woah it didn't stop coming, just crashed out for a couple of hours and feel just headachey and sore now.

GRIM!
xx

Poor thing, I hope you feel a bit better. Id steer clear of the risotto for a while .....take it easy for a while XX

I love risotto and sushi but think both are best avoided as they are 'sticky' rice that clumps rather too much. I had some sushi and it did go down ok but I only managed two tiny ones. If my tummy doesnt agree with anything it feels sort of painful and then I get a 'drooling' sensation and my mouth keeps filling like I am going to be sick. NOT nice.

Hope you feel better now and are recovering. Strange how our little tums work eh!!

Hope you feel better soon perhaps it was just to heavy for your tum cause it aint that long since your op

I agree with the others. I've had the same kind of experience and I don't think I dumped. I'm sure it was just due to either eating too quickly or something I ate not agreeing with me.

Rebirthxx

Thanks again everyone :)

I'be still got a headache, eggy breath and feel lousy for some reason!! Going back to basics today to give my pouch a rest!!

i think out little pouchys have a mind of their own, they dictate what we can or cant eat on any particular day.

HI, did you only have your op in sept?? i would say trying anything like rice or pasta is asking for trouble (not a nag X ) i didn't try any similar food for perhaps 6 months post opp. from what you describe the food possibly stopped well before it got in the pouch. any way, hope all is well now. WLS is a long learning curve. 3 years out and i am still learning. good luck. mel

Back