• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gurgling. Am I hungry or just weird?

excitedbutnervous

Hi All

So, my body is doing weird things now which I guess I need to get used to as being normal. I think I am hungry/thirst and obviously because I am trying to get nutrients in at the moment I am trying to "feed" that feeling with liquid food.

However... I get such a weird feeling when I am eating my runny soup. It is almost like my throat (very very very top of pouch) is gargling at me as I put the liquid in it. It is very weird feeling and noise.

I assume this is normal, but

• does anyone else get this
  • is it a "sleeve" thing
  • will it last forever, or is it just because of liquids/early stage
  • suggestions for avoiding it?

Thanks

My stomach used to gurgle a lot in the early days. In fact I think it probably still does but I guess I'm used to it. It was the sign that I was full!

Hmm I get it as soon as I start, so hope it's not fullness otherwise I will never eat or drink again haha

My tummy gurgles like a guy banging a drum! I'm use to it now it doesn't last long but it can be heard from across the room!

Mine still makes loud noises even after all these years...don't worry,it is much louder though in the early days.

Hi All

So, my body is doing weird things now which I guess I need to get used to as being normal. I think I am hungry/thirst and obviously because I am trying to get nutrients in at the moment I am trying to "feed" that feeling with liquid food.

However... I get such a weird feeling when I am eating my runny soup. It is almost like my throat (very very very top of pouch) is gargling at me as I put the liquid in it. It is very weird feeling and noise.

I assume this is normal, but

• does anyone else get this
  • is it a "sleeve" thing
  • will it last forever, or is it just because of liquids/early stage
  • suggestions for avoiding it?

Thanks

I am 8 weeks post sleep and I gurgle. It feels more in my throat than stomach though. I keep asking people if they can hear it as it seems so loud to me. It is my tell tale sign that I am full too and if I ignore it boy do I know about it! Once the gurgling starts the eating now stops! Xx

Interesting. May have to experiment tomorrow.

Thanks all

Yep, my stomach sounds like a drum set, symbols and a brass band! I have a cup of tea in bed in the morning, my stomach has been known to rouse the husband from his slumber it's that noisy. Lol

I get what I call my bubbles. It's like a full feeling and quite often has hiccups with it, and I'm 10 mths out. It will get easier, just remember your stomach is tiny AND probably still swollen.

My only sign that I am approaching fullness is gurgling! At the time of the gurgling I can't even say I feel full, but if I carry on much longer then I get a bit of pain. So I take it as my sign that I am getting full.

Gurgling is such a descriptive word, but without really conveying what it is.

I think there are 3 gurgles.

Gurgle 1: I get it when I eat soup, right from the first spoonful, till I'm halfway through then it stops. That is definitely my pouch.

Gurgle 2: when nearly full. Sounds and feels different. I rarely get it because rarely eat to even near fullness.

Gurgle 3: My wife used to get it randomly through out the day and night after her bypass. It was a different sound though and much lower down. I used to get it when I lost 11st doing lighter life. I've always assumed it's stomach juices in an empty stomach. It sounds and feels like wind without the farting. I've only had it a couple of times.

Gurgling when full is a totally different sound to me.

Gurgling is such a descriptive word, but without really conveying what it is.

I think there are 3 gurgles.

Gurgle 1: I get it when I eat soup, right from the first spoonful, till I'm halfway through then it stops. That is definitely my pouch.

Gurgle 2: when nearly full. Sounds and feels different. I rarely get it because rarely eat to even near fullness.

Gurgle 3: My wife used to get it randomly through out the day and night after her bypass. It was a different sound though and much lower down. I used to get it when I lost 11st doing lighter life. I've always assumed it's stomach juices in an empty stomach. It sounds and feels like wind without the farting. I've only had it a couple of times.

Gurgling when full is a totally different sound to me.

SerenityValley, thank you so much for those descriptions. I just logged in this morning to update this post as I haven't eaten/drunk since 10pm last night and my first sip of milkshake this morning was followed with a gurgle, so I definately know it is not fullness. I think I am experiencing Gurgle 1.

Don't want Gurgle 2 and Gurgle 3 is just funny :D

Back