• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Diet advice please….

Anita75

Dear all,
For the last few days I have not lost any weight and wanted to ask your advice as to what I’m doing wrong (had a G.Band on 11 June 09 and have had two fills so far: 1st was 4.5mls, 2nd was 0.5ml).

Daily diet (typical day):
Breakfast: 2 egg tomato omelette (with one teaspoon of extra virgin oil, which I then wipe in the pan with a bit of tissue to remove excess oil) and one dry toast.

Lunch: one cup of food (with no fat or sugar and low in calorie)

Dinner: same as lunch or one slimfast

Snacks: NONE (want keep calorie intake down)

Exercise: 55mins on the exercise bike – daily (without fail)

I have so far lost 18kilos (39.6 pounds) and I’m terrified of having reached a plateau as it is too soon for that… I’m still way too heavy at 101.9 kilos (224.18 pounds) and have a hell of a lot of weight to lose still.

There is sooooo much collective expertise on this forum and I would be so grateful for your advice please… what I’m doing wrong and/or what could I do to kick start the weight loss again?

Thank you all, Anita.

Hi there,

Stalls and plateaus are normal with any weightloss plan, either surgical or non surgical.

If it's only over a couple of days I would not worry about it, could be water retention, period due or any number of things.

Weighing yourself everyday is not always a good way to go, gets you paranoid about the weight. I weigh once a month, then the drop seems more than adequate.

Just looking at your breakfast, it seems a little large, do you really need the toast?

When you say a cup of food, what kind of things are we talking about, can you give an example?

Are you getting enough protein, drinking enough fluids or getting enough calories? What do you reckon your daily intake is?

Sorry for all the questions.

Also doing the same type of exercise everyday can sometimes lose its effectiveness, maybe mix it up with something else.;):D

Hiya, thank you for your reply!!!
You're right, I'm weighin myself way too regularly... will aim to do this less frequently.

Thinking about it, I do not really need the toast (I usually take a couple of bites and leave it anyway).

Lunch/dinner tends to be rice or pasta with chicken, or prawns, or fish (any type of meat really), and a few vegetables (and occasionally I'll replace a meal with a slimfast).

Drink plenty of liquids (although never an hour before or after food), about 1.5 to 2litres a day.

Hi there,

Ok, try it the other way round, ie, more chicken less pasta.

Your diet might be a little carb rich thats all, try cutting down a little and see what happens.

At 10 months out, I do not eat pasta, rice or bread, I did at the beginning, coz I could but now I can only tolerate a spoon ful of rice at the very most. I don't miss it as I always preferred the meaty bit of italian food rather than the pasta. Same with rice.

Bread was a toughie to give up, but its been over 2 months without a single bite and I don't even think about it now.

Good luck and please do not worry about the stall, I stopped for nearly 2 months after 2nd fill. This is a game of patience, and it does work, for some really fast, for others it's slower.

WLS is such a personal journey....:)

Back