• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

In need of a little help

MissB21

Hi all!
I am currently just under my 13 week mark from having my bypass and I feel im doing something wrong.... the weight just isn't coming off that well. I dont dump which is a struggle as my will power has to then be very strong so im not tempted into sneaking in little treats every now and then.
My typical daily intake is;
Breakfast: Bran flakes and banana
Lunch: Salad with Feta cheese
Dinner: meat (chicken, steak) salad or vegtables
Snacks: fruit yoghurts or cereal bars
I try to get at least 2 ltrs of fluids a day
I exercise on a cross trainer for 30 mins a day and try to go aqua fit once a week, yet in 12 (14 if you count pre op diet) weeks i have only managed to loose 53 pounds.
Am i expecting too much or am i doing something wrong??? :sigh::cry:

TBH, If I were you. I would try not to worry too much. In 3 months you ave lost a third of your excess weight? That means in 6 months time (so 9 months in total) If you continue you will have lost all of your excess weight. As long as you are still loosing weight, your doing good!
Congratulations :D

Last edited:
your doing great hun... some people just lose quicker than others... but we will all end up with the same result... being a whole lot lighter xxx

You've lost 53lbs!!! that's amazing!!! How much did you expect to lose in 13 weeks? I've "only" lost 34lbs in almost ten weeks and I'm happy with it. We are SOO impatient! We want to be slim overnight and that ain't gonna happen! You're doing amazingly well. Just relax.

well done and just keep doing what you are 53lbs is really good it's almost 4 stones that's 1 a month more or less xx take care

Only 53lbs,get a grip girl.When did you last lose that amount in that time for good?Never thats when.You may stall or slow right down.Your team will be very happy with you so dont be hard on yourself you are bang on track for YOU!

I hope i lose as much as you at 12 weeks, only start worrying if you start to put on. Nice and steady is much better, cos then you can tone up along side the weight loss and not have too much excess skin.
Kim

Oooh oooh am good at giving this advice just don't listen to it myself....

Dump the cereal and fruit and replace it with protein, your snacks in between, nibble on cooked meat or other protein filled snacks (dumping the carbs), i am fond of cockles :)

Apart from that, you are doing everything right. I personally think your weight loss is great, your body will be adjusting to the exercise and will be losing inches, which if you measured yourself before you started you will see in a few weeks...

Don't be so hard on yourself, seriously how long would it take you to put 53lb on? You are doing well xxx

I would like to say a big thank you to each and everyone of you who have given me a lift and support!!
I am in a better frame of mind and as i always said to my sister when we was on slimming plans that any loss is still a loss..... its not a gain!!
I measured myself last night and its the first time since my pre op diet and i was AMAZED at my results. In that short time overall the places i measured i have lost 34inches!!!!
WWOOOOHHHHOOOOO :D

MissB21 said:
I would like to say a big thank you to each and everyone of you who have given me a lift and support!!
I am in a better frame of mind and as i always said to my sister when we was on slimming plans that any loss is still a loss..... its not a gain!!
I measured myself last night and its the first time since my pre op diet and i was AMAZED at my results. In that short time overall the places i measured i have lost 34inches!!!!
WWOOOOHHHHOOOOO :D

You go girl! 34inches, what a great accomplishment!

Wow well dun x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

you are doing great - i am loosing about the same as you - and was very disappointed with a 3 week stall - i think we all forget that we are all different and are going to loose it at different rates - I am as impatient as you and want it off - all off NOW - but have to accept its not going to happen, it didnt get here that quick and it isnt going that quick - all things come to those who wait!!

xx

Well done hun you are doing great, i to used to worry about my slow weightloss but after reading comments left by others i realised i was doing ok and chilled out about it. We are all different and lose at differnet rates. I would never have lost my weight without surgery in fact i would have put on. x

34 inches lost!! I am lost in admiration for your achievement so stop fretting! I have been away from London for two weeks, and have lost about 5lbs in this time; I can't wait to go home and try on the leather jacket with fur inside that has been too small for so long, and also the leather skirt yardstick that should fit me much better now!

Flying home this afternoon!

Your loss in Llbs and inches is great - well done. I'm finding there are two totally different things to deal with following surgery. Firstly, the 'body' feeling of being lighter, more energetic/mobile, feeling better in clothes etc - then there is the 'head' stuff where you question it and compare yourself with others. I've been feeling good, I'm losing weight and feel really well (bonus!) but then I catch sight of my reflection somewhere and think 'OMG, you are sooooooooo fat - the operation obviously hasn't worked!'

You are doing great, keep it up x

Back