• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Dietician Appointment

djbp98

Wants to crunch
I was due to see the Dietician at the same appointment as the Endocrinologist in September, but she over-ran with her previous patient and I didn't get to see her :mad:, I was told I'd get another appointment sent thru :8855: Well it's now been nearly 4 months and I still haven't seen her. I call her weekly but she's always on ansaphone, I also get the Endocrinologist secretary to call her and leave a message AAAAAAAGH :banghead: I don't know what to do. Do I take the risk of pi**ing her off? I feel like she's got me in a corner really, as her report will sanction me to see the surgeon and don't wanna upset her, but I don't want to hang around quietly neither! The booking office said that I may get seen sometime at the end of Feb that's another 2 months away. It just seems so unfair because it wasn't my fault that I didn't get to see her in September :sigh: What would you do?? Sorry for ranting x

I would suggest you have a chat with your referring doctor about maybe seeing someone else? Not sure if that will work but I know in my area (Salford) there is more than one dietician that patients for wls can go see. The one I was originally sent to went on maternity leave just as I was sent to her so I had to go back to my GP to get her to send it to another one. You can give it a go.

HTH
Nic (I am not a good waiter either, I would have to do something!)

Thanks for replying. The problem I've got with the GP is that although he originally referred me to PCT for funding when they requested more info he refused to give it saying that he'd done enough for the referral. It was only that I appealed that I was sent to the Endocrinologist who said yes, and it's that office that I've been contacting too as well as the dietician. Im at the point of screaming AAAAGH. I think I'll just phone tomorrow morning say my name and hospital number then just scream loudly down the phone saying no more!!!! HAHA HEEHEE

Sorry I cant help here as I never saw a dietician prior to having surgery. I would def nag a bit more though and I have to say your GP's attitude is not very helpful....mine whilst knowing nothing about the whole process was very supportive...xx

Keep on pushing, find out their email address, write to them if necessary - just keep pushing.

These departments are very busy and very understaffed, so just keep on at them....

Just thought I'd update this thread. I got to speak to the dietician today at last and she told me my app't is 10th Feb, but then said no it isn't because I'd told the booking office I can't do that clinic! "Oh well Miss.H all I can tell you is that your appointment will be sorted out sometime soon, and since you've been waiting since September you must be in the top 10", sorry about that!". I couldn't say anything, I was stunned. The donkey had the carrot dangled then taken away!!! So thats it for now folks, just waiting around again!!:banghead:

:eek: what a mare! You must be better at biting your tongue than me ;)

Hiya, once you have had your appointment with this woman, I would think about writing a letter of complaint, about the way she has messed you around and not got back to you. it really is unexceptable and bad practice on her half! Good luck with the rest of it chucks! x

Back