• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Dietitian on Thursday

Hi all...
Sorry i've not been around this weekend! You know how it is!

Anyway, had my bad 2 weeks last Thursday and i have been sent an appointment through to see the dietitian on Thursday.

Any ideas what it's for? I'm still only on the liquid diet...(follow for 4 weeks post op!!!!ahhhhhhh!) so don't quite understand what they want?

Can anyone give me a clue?
xxxx

it will probably just be for them to see how you have ajusted and to give extra dietry advice for the next stage, id say thats pretty good aftercare really.

good luck !

liz x

thanks Liz,
I rang them last Thursday as i have been SOOOOOO hungry. No joy though i'm afraid. Just advised me to try differnet build up shakes/soups as well as the slimfast as the cal intake is more with the buildup/complan in comparrison to the slimfast....therefore it should keep me fuller longer.

I really think though, that my problem is headhunger and that i am missing 'eating/chewing'.

I will just see how i get on, on Thursday. I don't seem to have lost muc since the op though. Most of my loss was pre op diet.

I'll keep you upto date though.

xxxx

Hi Scrunchie

you're meant to have a dietician appointment before you get back onto normal eating.
I eventually got mine last Tuesday by phone and was by that time into week 2 of what I thought was normal food. I got some literature from dietician in the post Thursday, and soon realised I was still having too much sauce/gravy with food and wasn't eating 'hard enough' food, so it's nothing to worry about...you'll just be more clued up for going onto the real stuff again.

am really enjoying Ryvita thins and the multigrain variety with hummus at the moment...makes a nice easy lunch when working and crunchy too!

Back