• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Diets? How many can you list??

OOnion

Some of us older one's have been remembering the diets we have done over the years.... My fav has been 'Slimming watchers cambridge lighter cabbage soup life' with a bit of rosemary conolly on orlistat, and those really old ones of us must have had the pleasure of a bit of tenulate dospan on the side!'

Just wondered how many diets we could name between us all?!

I challenge you all??:D

Some of us older one's have been remembering the diets we have done over the years.... My fav has been 'Slimming watchers cambridge lighter cabbage soup life' with a bit of rosemary conolly on orlistat, and those really old ones of us must have had the pleasure of a bit of tenulate dospan on the side!'

Just wondered how many diets we could name between us all?!

I challenge you all??:D
gawd lol

tebuate dospan
phentermine
cabbage soup diet
weight watchers
slimming world
egg and tomato diet
low calorie diet (about 500 times) :D
exlax lol
vomiting, blimey, that was a few years ago lol
just weight watchers soup

erm . . . . im sure i'll add a few more as i think of them lol

oh yeah, orlistat :D x
oops forgot the grapefruit diet lol
and black bombers, gawd!
oh another one, the F plan diet (i now know what the F stands for :D ) lol

Last edited:
First one I started was at a slimming club called Slimming Magazine. It was essentially calories counting. Worse thing I started at age 17 years. I was about 13 stone but just went up every year after that as I became more obsessed with food as I went.
I remember an older lady (probs my age now lol) weighing in at 18 stone and me thinking my god no way will I ever get that size.

Here I am now after losing 4 stone from my highest weight of 22, weighing in at 18 exactly lol

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

'Atkins'
'Reductil'
'Orlstat'
'ex lax'
'weight watchers'
'slimming world'
'calorie counting' n yip I'd watch them numbers go up n up n up lol

sad isnt it how we become so desperate to try any but how they dont work for most xx

i was on the bulimic diet but forgot to vomit!!!

oossh....what have i done...

toast diet :eek:
tomato and egg diet:jelous:
slimming world
weight watchers
pro points - weight watchers
Orlistat
starvation :confused:
(ashamedly) forcing vomiting:jelous:
Atkins :) <<<only one that works well...but i cant maintain and keep it off
Low calorie

these are all the ones ive done i think:cool:

Egg and Tomato !? Never heard of that one...was that it you just ate egg and tomato??!

ohhhh got another one
Tesco Diet
yeah 3 eggs and 6 tomatoes a day, it gave me gout!
hahahahahahaha :D xxx

Egg and Tomato !? Never heard of that one...was that it you just ate egg and tomato??!

oooh yeh, boiled eggs and tomatoes...lost about 7lbs a week on that :jelous:, was something i recall my grandma doing....and then i remember my mom doing it when i was in the first couple of yrs at school....

i was doing a cooking class, took eggs from the fridge...got to school and they were hard boiled! my mom went mental id taken her lunch haha

it made you sick after a few days....

oooh another one...

grapefruit diet!

and a weird diet...it consisted of tuna, grapefruit, melon, eggs, tomato...it was something to do with the foods reacting with each other..:eek:

i had a book called, the doctors quick weight loss diet book. My god thinking back it was such an awful unhealthy book lol
the things we do eh? lol

i had a book called, the doctors quick weight loss diet book. My god thinking back it was such an awful unhealthy book lol
the things we do eh? lol

i once went 3 days without eating......i honestly though it would make me lose weight and keep it off :(

i once went 3 days without eating......i honestly though it would make me lose weight and keep it off :(
:8855: bahahahaha i did that too! what we like? lol

:8855: bahahahaha i did that too! what we like? lol

bleedin fat as a result!!!! hahaha

jeez....i wish someone had given me a wake up call when i was 15!

bleedin fat as a result!!!! hahaha

jeez....i wish someone had given me a wake up call when i was 15!
bet u wouldnt have listened, i wouldnt have lol xxx

bet u wouldnt have listened, i wouldnt have lol xxx

too true....what a div!

oh well...better late than never huh!

I did my own version of a milk diet when I was 17. Ended up with the worst constipation I have ever had! Lol

Let me see...........

Weight watchers x 4
Slimming world x 7
Cabbage soup x 3
Cambridge
Laxatives
Vomiting
Starvation
Lighter life
Rosemary connolly x 2
Diet chef
Baked bean diet
Calorie and fat counting x 3
Reductil
Orlistat
Slimfast x 2
Tesco diets x 3
Gi diet
Atkins

Me thinks that is about it. :eek:

And the grand result of all these 'diets', needing a gastric bypass at aged 33 weighing in at 21 stone!!! :giveup:

I often think that if I had never dieted I would have been a healthy size 12-14. :8855:

Dieting makes you fat for sure. :sigh:

Julie.

Well the first ever was Weight Watchers at 14 - didn't need to lose any weight but my Mam was doing it so I joined in and gained weight as soon as I finished and been dieting ever since. After that:
Slim Fast
Cambridge
Cabbage Soup
Rosemary Connelly
Orlistat
Reductil
Special K
Grapefruit
Atkins (my most successful - lost 3 stone for my wedding)
Magnesium - high levels of vitamin supposed to give you a daily enema (horrendous)
And my personal favourite lemon juice and hot water plus lettuce - gave myself IBS with that one x

Re the use of Dospan, am I the only one that they never had the slitest effect on, every one else I knew that had been on them all lost massive amounts of weight but talked of being able to stay on the go for 24 hours. When I took them I had zero effect and didn't loose a pound.

Paul

Back