• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Diets? How many can you list??

I only took them for two days, I spent the whole day and night cleaning the cooker with a toothbrush...never dare take them again after that, I looked just like the lad out of Quadrophonia with saucer eyes!! ha ha How I managed to get them out of the Dr as I only weighed about 12 stone at the time!!

Heck there are a few others ..

Aids (like a toffee that was ment to make you feel full). nice toffee:8855:
Water diet
PLJ lemon diet
The white diet, all food had to be white :jelous:
mars bar diet
carrot juice diet

all failed (or should i say i failed at them all :( )

Omg tenuate dospan! That brings back memories!! I did all the usual and a couple of hospital diets - 9 eggs in one day if i remember bleuuuurrrgggg

JeeZ!!! And they ask you to do a weight managment program for 6 months......ill be showing them the diets I HAVE done and asking if that covers their 6 months expectancy lol

oh yeah, i did black bombers! no idea what they were, but i didnt eat and my house was spotless lol

I have done most mentioned. Some several times. Also done:

Reductil pills from GP
You are what you eat
Exante
Avidlite
Other meal replacements
Dr Charles Clarke
A few other variations on low carb
Tesco diets
Low calorie

I have joined slimming clubs more times than I care to think of lol

Cabbage soup diet made me feel sick by day 5. Even did the cabbage soup diet pills, fibre diet pills, fat burner pills and any others I could get my hands on.

And yet I am so fat! Lol

Weight watchers x 2 (never got on with the
fandangled points system, always found
calorie counting easier)

Slimming World x 2 (did quite like the red and
green days but only lost about 2 stones
after quite a few months on each attempt)

Cambridge Diet x 3 attempts

Lighter Life x 2 attempts

Rosemary Conley x 4 attempts (most successful
attempt was in 2007 in which I managed

to lose 4 stone after a six months -- but
at that point it weight loss became hard,
and eventually started to creep back up)

Orlistat / Xenical -- prescribed by GP in 2003

=========================

Was first taken to Weight Watchers aged 13 by my mother. I think I only weighed around 10½ stone and my mother thought I was "plump" and should do something about it ..... my mother was even less overweight than that but only joined WW to push me into doing something.

I think that first experience of joining WW at 13 when really I was a perfectly normal weight (I was already 5'6" tall by that time) set the ball rolling for a lifetime of disappointment, feeling that I *should* diet ......... etc, and the weight always going higher after each failed diet.

remember the F plan diet? jesus, soon found out what the F stood for :D lol

i could do with some - my house needs a clean where can i get them haha
phentermine is a legal one now, dunno how lol makes your heart race, but you dont eat and you clean clean clean lol xxx

phentermine is a legal one now, dunno how lol makes your heart race, but you dont eat and you clean clean clean lol xxx

Well thats ok, cos i cant eat now, but im to tired to clean - who needs a clean house anyway !!!

My Dr refused to give me any diet pills at all, told me it was obscene, and when i asked for a blood test cos my hair was so thin and i was always cold he told me its not what is in my blood thats the problem - its what i put in my mouth - that was 15 years ago !!! now at 10 stone heavier they have found out i did have thyroid problems - ugh stupid man !!

Well thats ok, cos i cant eat now, but im to tired to clean - who needs a clean house anyway !!!

My Dr refused to give me any diet pills at all, told me it was obscene, and when i asked for a blood test cos my hair was so thin and i was always cold he told me its not what is in my blood thats the problem - its what i put in my mouth - that was 15 years ago !!! now at 10 stone heavier they have found out i did have thyroid problems - ugh stupid man !!

hahaha true lol

my doc wouldnt give me pills either, had to go to a private clinic and pay the earth, gawd what we like? lol

Hopefully your thyroxine will help you to lose weight!! did u know u can get free prescriptions when you're on thyroid meds?

hahaha true lol

my doc wouldnt give me pills either, had to go to a private clinic and pay the earth, gawd what we like? lol

Hopefully your thyroxine will help you to lose weight!! did u know u can get free prescriptions when you're on thyroid meds?

Yea I have a card now i have to show - i can get some of my vitamins on prescription - but not all - she also found i was severely vit d deficient too !! (before the op) she is so supportive not like the old git haha xx

Started seeing the dietician at 12.

But apparently I was put on my first diet as a newborn! The nurses told my mum her 11lb baby was too big and had to have soya milk to lose some weight!!!

But apparently I was put on my first diet as a newborn! The nurses told my mum her 11lb baby was too big and had to have soya milk to lose some weight!!![/QUOTE]
:eek::eek::eek: omg!!! thats awful!!!!!

But apparently I was put on my first diet as a newborn! The nurses told my mum her 11lb baby was too big and had to have soya milk to lose some weight!!![/QUOTE]
:eek::eek::eek: omg!!! thats awful!!!!!
Its funny in hindsight but I can see why my mum was always telling me to watch my weight - at 10 years old I was skinny! Last time too.

Ayds yummy toffees that I ate as well as food!
Limmits biccys that went the same way!
Every time I walked into ww or slimming world classes I just knew I would lose 2st and then put it all on plus more!Why we bought into the 'slimming industry'I dont know.Dieting makes you fat.Fact.

i tried that madonna popcorn diet and put on 2lb!!!

Gosh, I remember one that involved copious amounts of beetroot and a tablespoon of peanut butter, green beans and vanilla ice cream to follow.... bizzare combo!

I have done most of the usual suspects - mainly sticking to SW in my later years.

I did WW at 8 years old and one and off over the years. I blame it for messing up my thyroid at age 22. I'd put on a few pounds one week and the class leader gave me this 'quick start' diet sheet to do. I stuck to it rigidly and put on over half a stone by the following weigh day. She accused me of basically being a lying lazy fattie in front of the whole class - well you can imagine how I felt ... I was so humiliated by this that I made an appointment with my GP to see about having my teeth wired and instead he tested my thyroid because I was so upset - it was extremely low and I have been on thyroxine ever since. I'll never ever have anything to do with WW again.

Slimfast and orlistat/reductil bunged me up - didn't lose a pound on these. Scottish Slimmers, weight management through the GP and SW - I lose a stone/stone and a half and then get bored and give up. Cambridge - the only pounds lost here were the £'s my mum paid putting me on this when I was 13 years old.

Back