• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Discharged by surgical team

shazbrad

Hiya al,l haven't posted for a while but have been popping in to see how everyone is doing :)
Just an update on how things are going with me, i saw my surgeon (well his boss) a couple of weeks ago, and he has said that as everything seems to be going ok he is happy to discharge me now :sigh: I am more or less 3 years out from bypass now and have been lucky not to have any problems, i haven't lost as much weight as i would like to have but surgeon is happy with that and is not worried that i have gained a bit :eek: just said i would be able to lose the bit i have gained with a bit of discipline. I have to say i felt a bit lost for a few days after he said this but am ok about it now. Also i was supposed to see the dietician last week but forgot my appointment and phoned up the following day for a new appointment, however a couple of days ago i recieved a letter saying she was also discharging me :( am gonna phone to clarify this as like i said i booked another appointment don't really want to stop seeing them yet still feel like i need a bit of support from at least part of the team.
So i'm on my own now unless anything drastic happens have to say its a bit scary tho :sigh:

You are not alone..... You have all of the support of the forum!

The docs obviously are happy you are doing everything right.

Do call the dietician though and get the appointment you need, If unable to get one, your local GP surgery may have someone you could book an appointment with to help. x

I am just 15 months out but have been discharged as well
But I have the support of my fantastic weight loss management team at my local hospital who have done all my bloods since day one.
And I know that I can call them and get to speak to someone as soon as possible

lamornamiss said:
I am just 15 months out but have been discharged as well
But I have the support of my fantastic weight loss management team at my local hospital who have done all my bloods since day one.
And I know that I can call them and get to speak to someone as soon as possible

I actually adore Dr Haddon. She's so lovely!

It must be quite scary to feel you are alone. However, you are not alone really as the support and advice you can get from the people on this site will be a real help.

Ask if you can call them if you feel unsure or have any diffeculties in the future, See if they could give you a contact number to ring.

Good Luck.

Rosebunxx

Back