• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Disheartened

clairelou

I lost 19lb on the pre op diet which was great..i lost another 7 in the first 4 days after my bypass then it has just stopped. I`m not losing anything & am feeling like i have done all this & am still not gonna lose weight.

Could this just be a stall really early on?? Or is it possible that bypasses just don`t work for some people:confused:

Hi Claire

Don't be sad, I go threw little stages where for 3-5 days my weight stays the same then i go on the day later and 5lb has gone.......

Im not an expert but i am sure it will come off, i know georgina had similar problems....

Please smile again

Claire you need to stay off the scales! Weigh once a week, twice a week TOPS. Not 4 times a day!

This will work, everything is fine, and the weight will come off, just be patient and give it time!

AND in 3 weeks you have lost nearly 2 stone!!! Focus on the positive ;)

I have been warned to expect 'plateau's' in the early stages where my weight does not move - it is all about your body going what the hell have you done to me and readjusting.

Well done on your BRILLIANT loss so far, keep it up. Things will start moving again soon I promise xx

I agree with the girls... I don't think you should be worried. But you should stop weighing yourself so much (I am the same as you... I can't help it and weigh myself all the time!)

My dietician warned me that I may even put ON a bit of weight immediately after the op because my liver will be replacing it's glycogen stores. Maybe this is what's happened to you...?

Keep positive and keep following the dietary advice and the weight will go. Yes, the bypass does fail for a tiny number of people but those people cheat on the diet. Stay strong and you will be a skinny minny in no time :)

Alice xx

thanx all for the advice.. i WILL try to stay away from the scales but i`m just feeling generally miserable today...i have Pmt too & thats not helping much with the mood

Hi,
I was feeling a little disheartened too with the weight loss. I am 7 weeks post op now and last week I lost 2.8lbs and the week before I lost 2lbs. I was hoping for at least 3.5lbs per week to enable me to lose a stone a month, but this isn't happening. I have lost 3 stones in the 2 months including the pre-op diet and I do try and focus on this, but 2-3lbs per week isn't a lot for the small amount of healthy food I am eating!!!! Aaaaah!
xx

I think the trouble is that we all have lost so much so fast on the pre op diet that suddenly 2lb per week just doesn't sound very much.... It's a great weekly weight loss! I was told I should expect 1-2lb per week loss (although I am having the band not the bypass). Look at your ticker, Lottie - you've lost 42lbs! That's massive! And the good thing is that it's not going to go back on again.

You should be proud of yourself. Stay strong :)

Alice xx

Hi Claire,
Don't worry. It will come off. I've had a few plateaus myself, especially at that time of month. You're eating healthily and a lot less so you will lose weight. I've lost 2 and a half stone (it's now my 5th week post op) and some days I feel lighter in myself, but the scales stay the same and other days I feel frumpy and it comes off. I try not to weigh myself too often even though it's tempting. Keep your chin up!

hi claire i just had to reply to ur thread b4 i left, 1st thing is please dont be tempted to get on the scales all the time that will make u feel crap to start with, wen i 1st had my bypass i didnt weigh till my 6week checkup, and after that only once a week, u will stop and start its ur body adjusting because its used to having more calories and now its wondering wot the hell is going on so its trying to hold on to ur fat so to speak but once it realises it cant hold on to it then things will improve once again leave those damn scales alone lol i had to tell mandy off for that once or twice lol, hope all goes well for u hun take care xxx

Ohh, Smiler, I hope you won't tell me off for going on the scales! Lol. You have amazing will power not to step on the scales. I'm really impressed. Can you email or text me some of that will power please? Lol. I know what you mean though, it makes me feel bad when the scales stay the same, but I have faith in the gastric bypass and know that the weight will come off sooner or later. Listen to Geporgina everyone, she's the voice of experience.
P.s. It's amazing Smiler how you can still advise us all when you're going through so much yourself. Take care.

Yep I second that Sara......... Georgina is great........ Yes she did tell me off for weighing myself so i don't as much anymore.... don't shout smiler i still do but am learning not too

Hi ya

I know how you feel today ive put on one pound. Although i have lost a fair amount it does put you off when you dont lose or you gain.
But it is all normal just watch what you eat and only weigfh yourself once a week and do it when you first get up and not had anything todrink/eat

I am trying to stay away from them....but i did jump on this morning & YAY!!! its moved at last 4lb down

Time of the month so i think thats maybe been affecting it...but defo gonna try limiting myself to once a week on them :)

clair now you are on the downwards move. get rid of them all together and use yr local chemist once a week. that way your not tempted and each week will be a nice surprise:)

thats great Claire, well done for staying off them for a time! Thats over 2 stone now :D

Back