• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

weight loss stopped

kpnuts

i,m 2n half wk post op in my first wk n half i lost 9lb but its just stopped, is this normal... i feel like its not worked i,m not due for my first fill till 23 nov.. im gettin really disheartened n feel like i could eat anything....:cry::cry::cry::cry:

Don't worry you will have 'stops and starts' it is quite normal but as long as you are eating and drinking correctly then your body will get back into gear and start losing again. I have had a few plateau's and to be honest it doesn't worry me as i know the weight will start again in it's own time - and don't forget we do lose such a lot of weight initially so don't be disheartened and things will get better.

Sending inspirational hugs and fairy dust xx

It is quite normal to have fits and starts with weight loss. Also with the band it is normal to even put on weight until you have your fills. Wight loss only works with will power in the early days of the band.

Hiya,

Me too!! I lost 18 lbs in the first week post op and not another pound in the almost 3 weeks since then. I have spoken to the Nurse at Spire and she says its perfectly normal and to hide the scales for a couple of weeks till things sort themselves out. Its still V-frustrating tho!!

xx

Hi Porpo those scales are EVIL! Evil! I tell ya! they put me in a horrid mood for the day if I dont like what I see:eek: its as if they laugh at me when I leave the room LOL Gail.x
Hiya,

Me too!! I lost 18 lbs in the first week post op and not another pound in the almost 3 weeks since then. I have spoken to the Nurse at Spire and she says its perfectly normal and to hide the scales for a couple of weeks till things sort themselves out. Its still V-frustrating tho!!

xx

Back