• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Arrrr...cant stop itching! Anyone else??

emma-louise

my new life!!
Can't stop itching....I've been like this for the past couple of days.
And it'd getting on my nerves!!!
I'm like a flea bitten dog,luckily I'm not scratching hard to cause marks.
It's more of a nuisance at the moment.
I don't suffer from any skin problems so just wonder if it's a sign of anything??
I'm not sure.. Any advice anyone

Take a shower and cool off if you feel hot. Try a Piriton or antihistamine Angel... see if it may help you, if not book in to see your doc... may be a good idea anyway, but an antihistamine may relieve it for now... Have you changed your soap or detergents recently... I'm very sensitive to changes of washing detergents.

Love and hugs precious..

I've had this problem a lot since my BP. Most of the time for no reason, but I have noticed some meds contribute to it. I usually just take antihistamine.

Hi bev
No haven't changed anything,just had shower and a good exfoliate but I'm still scratching now.
Arrrr scratch scratch!!!

just yr skin shrinking hunny i was murder had to moisturise 3 times a day. But get yr iron levels checked just in case as itching can also be a sign of anaemia.
hth
carole

I take an antihistamine regularly since having this with diabetic side effects... it helps... but it's a good thing to see your doc... precious... thinking of you xxx

Hi Carole,

Had all my levels checked about 4 weeks ago and was ok,so u say it's my skin just changing?
Do u know a good moisturiser?
Or did u get out from doctors?
Problem is I'm a bit funny about going doctors as I'm on so many tabs,they must think I'm a pain!!..lol

Ask your docs for Dermol I find it invaluable,you can use it as a washing creme or as a moisturiser,Its for itchy skin problems.You can wash intimate areas too!Maz

The Dermol eases itching rather than just moisturizing,special for skin conditions and yes Jac itchy muffs!

ha ha ha dotty, maz, your both mad, hope you got your itching sorted out emm, any moisteriser will do in an emergency hun, so just slap summat on. bio oil is good though aint it. dotty, my daughters call their 'muffs'........... 'foofs', lol

What time is it????
My toddler up at 5 in morning asking for hot chocolate!!
She's full of cold, but at least my itching as eased....
Thanks bouncy I might try that dermol.
Thanks all xxxxx

Lanzoprazole can cause itching, as can forceval. Your gp should be able to tell you if it is a side effect, allergy or something else. There are alternatives for both so worth a doctors appt rather than just putting up with it.

Are you taking codeine? Since my surgery I can't take it as it causes itching.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Well itch itch itch...
Still itchy!!
Found the culprit though
It's my washing powder
Surf tropical... So beware!

Back