• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Dizzy spells :(

mandym1

I'm 8 weeks post op and the last couple of days have been getting bad dizzy spells.. Ive upped my fluids just in case that is the problem. I have been doing a lot of exercise but apart from these episodes I feel great!! Has anyone else had this? What could be causing it?

Hello Mandy I had my surgery April of this year and like you I have the odd dizzy spell, especially when I'm moving around more than usual. It's happened a few times if I jump up from a lying position or if I bend down to pick something up quick. Spoke to my team and they reassured me it's to do with sugar levels (food intake) they have advised taking in a bit more protein and if in doubt to take a protein shake. This has helped me tons. But obviously if you are concerned always check with your team hunny. Good luck. Annie x

Hi Mandy I agree that it could well be a lack of something, you've addressed the fluids now as new beginnings suggests more food or at least protein to endure a stable blood sugar. We are both at the stage we are beginning to do more but not necessarily up to eating enough to sustain us whilst doing it. Perhaps a protein snack will help as we build up our intake to cover the output of energy in a way that allows us to continue to lose weight without feeling poorly.
Good luck & if in doubt contact your team.

I to have been having dizzy spells! So glad someone asked this!

I found after my hysterectomy that as I wasn't doing much when I did do things I was dizzy & very tired so after this op no matter how fizzy I got to start with I made myself get out & about. Do things so that I could stand for length of time. I half expect to feel even more crap than I usually do after the summer break as I return to work, 9 wks off (sick leave & summer holidays), is a long time & no doubt any lack in my diet will be shown up pretty quickly. I've ordered some trial samples of protein bars in case they are needed to start with & a shake cup to take with me to top up with if needed, & hope I get the balance right quickly so I don't feel to rough.

Maybe with the increased exercise I am not eating/drinking enough to make this up. I am working hard in the gym and swimming so suppose my body is in shock!

mandy I get these dizzy spells, but in my case it is due to low blood pressure. As long as I am careful to get up slowly Im usually OK, but during my recent hospital spell my BP was in the 80/50 range for most of my stay - causing me to faint and to nearly faint on a couple of occasions.

its worth mentioning to GP next time you pay him a visit hun x

yep i get them too but i just put it down to not eating n drinking as much as before if were all getting them cant be nothing to serious lol

Mand deffinately eat more protien snacks,I have lightheadedness if I dont eat every few hours and esp after exercise.

I still get them almost 2 years post op.

They're not as frequent as they used to be, but they still happen.

In the early days I used to get so dizzy I passed out frequently.

Thank goodness that doesn't happen any more.

Hope you feel better soon.

xxx

Hi pooks, long time no see... how are you?

Back