• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Do I Dont I

hopelesscase

Since getting notification of my funding a few weeks ago i have not heard anything.:sigh: I appriciate its a waiting game and am fine with that but an opportunity has arisen for me to take some paid leave in october and it would be an ideal time for me to have my bypass.:eek: Im a foster carer and the YP who i care for who is autistic is moving on. I can then take upto 4 weeks leave befor my new placements start as i will be going back to respite caring for children with disabilities.:)
Do i phone the surgons sec and have a chat explaining my situation or do i just let nature take its course. I dont want to que hop but equally im worried about letting the families i will be supporting down.:confused:
what would you do in my situation, But equally how would you feel knowing someone had got their op on nhs befor you due to circumstances.
please be honest,
HC

Well i think you should ring them, because you're doing an amazing service to the community hun.

All they can say is no after all!! xxx

well it wont hurt asking and make it clear you would be mor ethen happy for a short notice op.

But i think it would be good going if they manage to fit you in by oct .

I had to wait for nealry a whole year .

I got funding in april 2007 i had my bypass march the 31st 2008
and that was a short notice op cutting off nearly 2 months.

But yes ask i would . well i pestered my gastric team to death :p no harm done

I would call too. My funding to op time was just over 6 months, everywhere is different!

I too would call, and stop worrying about others on the NHS list, your doing this for you not them, and you never know they may be able to fit you in earlier if they know your ready to go ASAP, besides calling and asking wont hurt in anycase.

My advice HC - ring them !!!

If you don't ask you don't get.

I work as a teaching assistant and as the school holidays were coming up I politely asked "if at all possible - could the surgery be done early enough in time for me to recover and get back to work?"

I am now 13 days post op and recovering well.

The worse they can say is - sorry that won't be possible - so no harm in asking!!!

another one in the 'call them' brigade! Can't hurt - at the end of the day what is the worst that can happen through a simple call and you may get the result you want. Don't forget to let us know what happens when you make that call x

Hi Hc

I'm with the others, call them because it won't hurt either way but make sure you tell them what you do and the help you give to the disabled.Do not worry about queue jumping on the NHS, you deserve it with what you do.:grouphugg::grouphugg:
Taake care
Trina xxxxxx

Definitely give them a bell. Has you link worker and fostering agency been supportive of your decision to have the op? only asking as i am in that line of work and would be interested in what their responses have been. hope you don't mind me asking x

Thanks every one for your support and words of encouragement. I called the appointment clinic today to see if i was on the list as such and im glad i did as they havent had anything for scedualing my appointment with the surgeon or psych. (off track the receptionist i spoke to was great and she to had had a bypass herself 6 months ago at leeds as they wernt doing the surgery at hope then and she too said that it was the best thing she had ever done 6 stone in 6 months) so i phoned Dr news sec who is on holiday till tue, so i tried the surgeons sec and left a message on her answer phone. so all in all im glad i phoned hopefully even if i dont get what would be ideal for me. it may just start the ball rolling as it seems to of stopped for some reason.

Tammy my link worker and principle officer have been fantastic. apparently one of the women in the office had a band 6 months ago and they cant believe how well she looks. The both know why i want this and have said they will support me whatever way they can.
HC

The surgeons sec has just phoned me to say that he is on holiday till sept 1st. It is unlikley i would be able to have my surgery by oct as i have to see the psychologist and dietitian over several weeks.
Still im glad i phoned as she is going to see where my referal is upto she has only been in post for a week as the other sec is on sick leave.
HC

Thanks every one for your support and words of encouragement. I called the appointment clinic today to see if i was on the list as such and im glad i did as they havent had anything for scedualing my appointment with the surgeon or psych. (off track the receptionist i spoke to was great and she to had had a bypass herself 6 months ago at leeds as they wernt doing the surgery at hope then and she too said that it was the best thing she had ever done 6 stone in 6 months) so i phoned Dr news sec who is on holiday till tue, so i tried the surgeons sec and left a message on her answer phone. so all in all im glad i phoned hopefully even if i dont get what would be ideal for me. it may just start the ball rolling as it seems to of stopped for some reason.

Tammy my link worker and principle officer have been fantastic. apparently one of the women in the office had a band 6 months ago and they cant believe how well she looks. The both know why i want this and have said they will support me whatever way they can.
HC
Hi have sent you a private message. x

The surgeons sec has just phoned me to say that he is on holiday till sept 1st. It is unlikley i would be able to have my surgery by oct as i have to see the psychologist and dietitian over several weeks.
Still im glad i phoned as she is going to see where my referal is upto she has only been in post for a week as the other sec is on sick leave.
HC

Hey HC we may end up having ours together!....Linda x

You never know linda. How fab would that be. Will let you know if i hear anything. What do you do work wise? maybe we could meet up one day not that far from each other.

Back