• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Should i postpone untill after holiday? help dont know what to do.

amg

Hi.
Saw consultant last week and he said i should get my bypass op by end of November! :) Fantastic news!
However we have a big holiday booked in January for my hubbys 40th :D. Do you think i will feel up to the holiday / flight at possibly as soon as 5 weeks post op? We r going to lanzorote staying in a villa. So preparing own food wont be a problem. But would b usefull to know how much pain i will be in then and also what sort of food i will b eating by then?
Then there is the added dilema of what if i get a date in december how late will be too late??? Argg wish holiday wasnt booked now but lots of us going and planned for over a year!:family2:
Thanks in advance of your advice, want op doing ASAP but dont want to ruin marks big holiday either!
am xxxx

I would go ahead. You should be able to carry on healing after your surgery even if you are on holiday. It will do you good, lots of people around to make sure you are well looked after and you get to have a good time too.
Sounds like a win/win situation to me.
Lynne x

You wont have pain or discomfort by then,just still be very tired at times and trying to cope with the new way of eating!Enjoy your holiday and let them wait on you!Maz x

I went on holiday for a week, exactly a fortnight after my surgery and was fine. We went self-catering too, which made life easier. I did find that I was tired and couldn't do that much, but I would say that by January you would be fine x

Erm.....

What a question hehe. Lanzarote or freezing UK?

LANZAROTE baby..! I'm 4 and a half weeks post op and would definately be up for a holiday. No problems or discomfort and the only thing that takes any effort is eating lol. Go for it and have a fantastic holiday, what a way to start 2012!

xxxx

Sounds like a great way to recover from the op *lol*

Am very jealous - think of us while you're enjoying it, huh? ;-)

ooh, i wish i had a warm break booked for January. good luck with your op and enjoy yourself.

Back