• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Do I have enough restriction?

kargar

Hi, and happy new year!
Can anyone advise? I had first band fill on 3rd Dec. I managed to eat Christmas dinner, very comfortably (even though clinical team thought it wouldn't be possible) and I am now on full solids. Dinners I can eat two roast pots, chicken breast & veg. THEN have pud. Surely I should have more restriction than this. The only real time I find it hard to eat is in the morning - and then only if I eat bread/toast. According to my literature I should not be able to eat more than a tablespoon or so at any one time, and I am exceeding that considerably.
If anyone has advice it would be appreciated.
Thanks

HI Karen, how much do you have in your band. I had my first fill back in August - 6.5ml in a 10ml band. I too was able to eat a pretty good Christmas dinner, as well as pud and then a turkey roll and some crisps later in the day easily. I went back for band fill 2 on the 30th Dec and they put in another mil - I can feel a huge difference now and am only managing much smaller amounts with great difficulty at present! So I would say only you can judge but I was unsure about my restriction before my second fill and can definately say I have it now! Good luck :)

Thanks Alix. I don't know how much he put in! He never told me. My support nurse is ringing me on Monday, but don't know if she will have that information. I get two fills included in the price of the op, and feel a little cheated as looks like I will have to have the second one early cos they didn't get it right the first time. I know it's difficult for them to get it perfect. Still, thanks for your advice, and it's reassuring that you now have proper restriction on your second fill. I'm not due for a second fill until April time, but I will have to have it soon or I will not loose any more weight (i put on over christmas!)

I put on over Christmas too so don't feel disheartened. It is rare to get the right restriction first time with a band fill - it is supposed to be done in stages to give you the chance to adjust. Just try and be as good as you can and stick with it - and when the going gets tough just jump on here and someone will be along to support you :)

Yeah, I'll try to remember to head for the computer instead of the biscuit/crisp cupboard! I guess old habits die hard!! Thanks Alix, maybe I'll get another band fill this month....watch this space! Happy New Year to you.

Back