• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pain in the.........sleeve???

kirstyd

Hi everyone,

I'm now 8days post op and this morning I felt pretty good up no problem got kids ready and off to school. Came home had my protein shake just after 9!! And that was me till just after midday then I heated up my homemade lentil soup (nice n watery) but I only had 6 spoonfuls and got this terrible pain in my sleeve so I stopped didn't feel sick or anything else so that was fine.

So I took myself of for a lie down and the nurse called so I told her. And she suggested not drinking in the afternoon then try again. I did this and I'm still getting the same pain :(

And now I think I've strained myself trying to do to much 2day I've got a pain where I believe my sleeve is :( is this possible?

Any help advise would b fantastic ladies xxx

I'm sorry I can't help.. I'm sure someone will be along soon... Hope you pain goes and u feel fab soon x

Thank you Claire-Anna ! I'm starting to wonder if I was eating 2 fast? I've been eating a yoghurt for 30mins and it's going down fine x

Hi
Your only 8 days out so everything is still very swollen inside. I over done it 10 days after my op and was laid up for 6 days solid, pain all around my tummy area which had me in tears. It all starts to settle down eventually so keep the fluids up but, if the pain becomes any worse get yourself up A+E.

Kim

Are your stitches still in. I had mine removed today because of 1 I was healed and the other reason was they were pulling and hurting around the wound area.Victoria x

I cant get an appointment till next wed! Did u have a drain in ur side? If so how's it looking? I just changed all my dressing all looking good the drain was nice and clean but it bit worried that it doesn't have a stitch or even a butterfly stick it's just left! Xx

Hi kirsty,

I wouldn't wait that long for an appointment an risk infection go to A&E if necassary and get them removed.

I'm only 6 days post op but have fast healing skin but also probably due to now being on a very good diet.

I had 2 drains one each side but these were removed when I left ICU 24 hours after op. The scars are healing very well. Victoria x

kirstyd said:
Hi everyone,

I'm now 8days post op and this morning I felt pretty good up no problem got kids ready and off to school. Came home had my protein shake just after 9!! And that was me till just after midday then I heated up my homemade lentil soup (nice n watery) but I only had 6 spoonfuls and got this terrible pain in my sleeve so I stopped didn't feel sick or anything else so that was fine.

So I took myself of for a lie down and the nurse called so I told her. And she suggested not drinking in the afternoon then try again. I did this and I'm still getting the same pain :(

And now I think I've strained myself trying to do to much 2day I've got a pain where I believe my sleeve is :( is this possible?

Any help advise would b fantastic ladies xxx

Lentils are very fibrous - stomach has to work very hard to churn that up, even if it's watery. I'm five years on and still have problems with high fibre foods.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Cicca said:
Lentils are very fibrous - stomach has to work very hard to churn that up, even if it's watery. I'm five years on and still have problems with high fibre foods.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I had carrot and coriander soup yesterday and had the same problem :( but juice is going down no problem at all! Don't know if maybe I'm just trying to eat to much soup. Maybe to much 2 soon I'll cut back 2day and c how I get on xx

chillie82 said:
Hi. Do you not have a treatment room run by district nurses. Your practice nurse can take them out. X

It's the nurse I'm waiting to see. There is another practice that's only part time I'm gonna pop along there after I've dropped the kids c if they can help xx

Back