• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I'm Home...Is this normal?

xxsarahxx

Hi everyone, i'm home following by bypass. They couldn't do the sleeve so had to open me up and do the bypass instead. I went in thursday and came out sunday. God do i feel rough though. Shaky and sicky, is this normal?, please say yes?. My energy is zero, so this is hard to do at the minute. Everytime i try and drink on the hour it makes me feel sicky.Just looking for some reasureance really.
Thanks for all your support, i'll message people back when i feel up to it x

This is so normal and this will last for a few weeks yet, so take things really easy and do not over do it. It will get better!!!! Xxx

hope you feel better soon
get plenty of rest try not do worry or overdo things

thinking of you and hoping you feel better soon,your on the other side no matter how hard,youve done it ! good luck x

Hope you feel better soon xx

You're body is getting used to major surgery plus mentally you're getting used to waking up to news you didn't expect. xx

Sarah Welcome to the lossers bench and Well done you.
You will feel like crap just now as you have had open surgery just take it easy and try to keep sipping liquids.
Hope your feeling better soon.

hey sarah, welcome to the losers bench. I had keyhole but still felt pretty rough for a while. Use plenty of pillows and have lots of rest. The drinking water is hard but really important. I would get up and walk to the kitchen every hour to get it and that reduced the chance of bloodclots by moving around. Your pain releif might be making you feel nauseous too.

Hi Sarah, sorry they were not able to do you by keyhole, although it a lot better than open, It is quite normal to feel the way you do, a lot of discomfort and not too much pain I hope. The weakness is lack of nutrition and being on that damn milk diet. Things should start to get better a week or so into your new journey, try and do a little walking around the house if you can, because sore bum syndrome is awful, I speak from personal experience on that one and you need to get your circulation going too. Your body has been through a massive trauma and needs time to adjust. On the bright side they don't need to blow your stomach up with gas for open surgery, that is one relief because you don't make many friends while the gas is dispersing, if you know what I mean.!! Anyway hope you feel better soon, and your new journey onto the losers bench will go swimmingly and people will start seeing less of you!!. Take care Bob. xx

yes absolutely normal im 5 wks post op and just about feeling human, still tired but everything is coming together,take care dont rush things, drink loads of water, rest but also take very gentle exercise by just walking around the house that does help xx

Hope your okay Sarah, rest hun as you've had a major op. Get well soon x

Welcome Home Sarah ! xxxxxx

I hope you feel on the mend sharpish, you will be feeling better and giving advice to us that are following in your wake soon. Blessings to you x

So glad to have you back Sarah. Sorry things didn't go quite according to plan. Keep your positive hat on and take care of yourself.
xx

Oh Sarah i'm so glad your fine... Okay so you didn't get your sleeve but you got a bypass and you survived it (i know you worried) and your home with your lovely hubby to look after you...

Now for the sickness, if it continues ask the team for some anti nausea meds, the last thing you want is to throw up with a open wound.

Drinking? Just keep a glass of cordial/water by your side and sip throughout the day hun, it should all slide into routine very quickly.

As for whoever said been open makes the wind pain less, ha what a load of cobblers. We suffer with wind pain just as much as keyhole patients, we just daren't strain to fart lol...

You take care and recover and if you need anything you have enough contact details for me. If you don't have my latest mobile number (its 2 months old) then shout and i'll pm it to you hun...

Am so very glad to have moved over to make room for you next to me on the bench xxx

Hi Sarah,sorry,I missed my chance to say good luck to you,but I'm glad that I can congratulate you with the op done and hope that you will heal very nicely soon,thinking of you hun xxxxx

Welcome back Sarah, sorry things didnt go as planned. Make sure you get plenty of rest whilst your healing and wishing you a speedy recovery xx

Welcome to the losers bench Sarah. Please rest as much as you can and things will start to feel better very soon. I am sorry that things did not go as planned - I know how that feels. The important thing is you now have a tool that is going to hopefully transform your life for the better.

Best wishes

tranquil x

Hi Sarah, sorry it did'nt go to plan but you are now on a new journey. Hope you start to feel better soon.
Take care, shelley x

Back