• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Do I let my husband come in on my appointments?

mandym1

Hi everyone

I have my first appointment tomorrow with an Endocronologist. (I have PCT funding in place). So this is my first step on the road to surgery.

My husband is coming to the hospital with me but also wants to come into my consultation. He is very supportive and is right behind whatever I decide but he is obviously worried as well.

Did any of you let your partners in on your consultations? Where you glad you did or would you rather have gone alone?

Hi Mandy, my hubby comes everywhere with me, he would have been in the theatre if he could lol

He obviously loves you very much and wants to be as involved as possible.

Hi Mandy, My sister came with me for my first consultation, but i wish i'd taken my husband with me, as i try to tell him whats going to happen and how its going to affect my life afterwards but he doesnt understand, i have my pre op on August 24th so he is going to come with me then, If your hubby wants to come with you i'd let him because it sounds like he is very supportive of what you are doing and wants to be there for you. Good Luck X

Peter came in with me When he could (mum when he couldnt) Im glad he did as he remembered questions I had forgot also gave him a better inside in to what was gonna happen

Good question :) I was wondering the same. My hubby is one of those blokes that is so laid back he would fall over. ! but Ive got used to it.
He is the one that is going to take me to my first appt, only because he knows the area, my mum was going to but she will get us lost without a doubt lol.
Im not sure though if I want anyone in with me. Im a private person and I think Ill be going in there on my own first off.

Also get this, my loving hubby is thinking about taking the kids to Coventry to see his mum when I go into hospital. I think hes doing it for my daughter as shes fretting, to take her mind of things. God I hope they have wifi in the hospital as I will be bored to tears ! gogo laptop addict lol:D

yes my Hubby goes with me to my appointments...the only one he had to wait outside in the waiting area for was the x-ray/1st fill I went for...I wouldn't want anyone else there.

I don't see why not.

My husband comes in with me for lots of my hospital appointments...it's a kind of moral support.

But I must admit, even though we've been together for years I don't want him in the room if I am being examined...I'm just shy like that.

And they can help you to remember things.

(((hugs)))

ALL THE BEST FOR FRIDAY!!

I'd do whatever makes you feel most comfortable. If it's helpful to you to have him there, then do it. If not don't. If you take him, I'd warn him in advance that you may ask him to leave part way through - eg if you don't want him there for an examination or if they ask anything you're not comfortable discussing in front of him.

Good luck.
x

do what ever makes you feel comftable, taking him could be a good thing as he will get a better understanding of the procedure as he will learn with you as you go along your journey, good luck xxx

I had my hubby with me for all my pre-ops including my psych eval. This was for two reasons, one I wanted him to be able to ask questions so he was well informed and felt like part of the process. The second reason was that I needed the emotional support, I had been to many doctors in the years leading up to my surgery and to be honest they told gave me conflicting advice and kinda fobbed me off about my different medical problems. To be honest I had doctor trust issues so I needed him to be there with me for my piece of mind. My hubby was great all along and he also would have been in theater if anyone would have let him! His support during my psych eval was actually really valuable because one of the things they ask you about is your support system after the surgery, so he scored me points in the end!

Do what makes you comfortable and you will be happy you did. Best of luck for your next appointment.

Nic:D

hi mandy, me personaly could not go through with it with out my wife at my side,she tends to ask question as im so nervus and forget most things--please take him with you all the way-i promise it will help. chris195

Thanks everyone, very helpful as always.

I just wondered if anyone had ever regretted having their other half with them, but it would appear not.

I do want him there and will let him come in with me. I'm lucky he wants to be so involved and I am grateful. :love:

I'm really nervous as I dont know what to expect is this the start of a long road or will it happen quite quickly from here, as I have PCT funding? I dont know and neither does my GP. I just hate the unknown and am not very patient. :blahblah:

Oh well I will find it all out tomorrow xx

Thanks again. :flowers:

I took my hubby with me. (Good job really he helped me to get up and explained why i was covered in mud and blood. Stupid me slipped and fell on my way from the car to the appointment)

He at least knows now what is involved , and how much i can and can't do and eat.
It was also funny when they said "No housework, cooking, cleaning etc.." :eek: <him, me> :giggle: and no driving for 6-8 weeks :eek: <me, him>:giggle:

My OH always come with appointments with me for support and to remind me of things I forget to ask and questions he asks as well, saves me explaining to him when I get home wot happened through the appointments .

All the best - MeJulie x x

I think it will be nice to have your hubby with you. I've gone to all my appointments on my own and feel it would have been better with a little support.

Good Luck.

Must be great to have the support think my husband thinks this is one of my new diet ,hes hoping it will fade away and i wont actually go through with it . My mum would like to come to the appointments but i wouldnt get a word in edgeways! so iv only had one appointment and went alone.

Serneitylove I think you are getting me confused with another Mandy. My Hubby and I havent split up at all...

Thanks for your comments tho xx

Back