• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Do I let my husband come in on my appointments?

My hubbie was with me every step of the way...Well almost, he did do a runner when they decided to open me up again on the bed.

In some ways I'm so glad he was there because he has been very supportive, but in others I'm really irritated by him, for example the other night I overheard him talking to a friend on the phone and he actually said 'we had a bit of a rough time mate, we're left with a big hole in the stomach and health people in and out all the time'.

I looked at him horrified, what did he mean WE? He sat on his butt through most of itand felt no pain whatsoever! That really wound me up, but on the whole I was glad he was there.

My husband (or husbank as he is known) came with me to all my appointments but you have to do what feels right for you. For me it was good as he asked a lot of questions that I hadn't thought of. Good Luck.

Good luck for tomorrow....

Am loving the comment also of no cooking/cleaning for 6 weeks and actually loving the no driving bit too. My partner will be out for about six hours on friday and sundays fetching and taking home his daughter who lives about 37 miles away, he cant drive so will have three buses and one train to catch lol....

I personally would want my hubby with me but not everyone would. Good luck with your appointment hope everything goes well.

i've done all mine on my own, i think my other half is worried that i'm having a major operation and the possibilities of losing me, she's a worrier at best, so i'm best going on my own

My hubby came in with me to all my appointments. I think its only fair they get to ask questions too because they need to know whats going to be happening with you. Even though he may be a worrier it might just put his mind at ease if you let him be involved with it all. Good luck with the appointment.

I had my hubby with me for all my pre-ops including my psych eval. This was for two reasons, one I wanted him to be able to ask questions so he was well informed and felt like part of the process. The second reason was that I needed the emotional support, I had been to many doctors in the years leading up to my surgery and to be honest they told gave me conflicting advice and kinda fobbed me off about my different medical problems. To be honest I had doctor trust issues so I needed him to be there with me for my piece of mind. My hubby was great all along and he also would have been in theater if anyone would have let him! His support during my psych eval was actually really valuable because one of the things they ask you about is your support system after the surgery, so he scored me points in the end!

Do what makes you comfortable and you will be happy you did. Best of luck for your next appointment.

Nic:D

I was told I couldn't have anyone with me for my psych appointment. Does it depend on which hospital you go to??

Back