• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Do I need to stop smoking

I vaped for a few weeks then did it. I feel for me I can handle my triggers for smoking just not for eating as much

Hi Tracie!! How are you doing? Hows things going with your smoking?
Hi victoria. .I'm still smoking 1 cigarette a day unfortunately. .I am having lots of cravings for more but not give in yet ..my appointment is on the 19th..my problem is I enjoy smoking I've done it for over 30 years .b4 was on 20+ a day so to come down to 1 is massive for me ..The weekend was away with friends and did have 2 on the evening when I had a drink ..but straight bk to 1 the next day ..The gp is happy with where I am..nd said in time I can let go of that 1 ..We will see thanks for keeping in touch xxc

Congratulations on cutting right down. It's takes a great deal of strength to do that. It bodes well for your journey as you will need that sort of strength to succeed. Well done.

Congratulations on cutting right down. It's takes a great deal of strength to do that. It bodes well for your journey as you will need that sort of strength to succeed. Well done.
Thank you ..its realy hard ..but I want to get healthy so need to do everything possible to get the surgery I so desperately need..I'm not gonna lie nd say it's realy easy it's not .like I've said b4 I've smoked 20+ a day for over 30 years .so to cut right bk to 1 a day .im proud of myself thanks for your reply xx

You should be proud of yourself, Tracie! it sounds like you're doing amazingly well. I'm really glad :) good luck i hope it keeps going as well for you

I stopped b4 surgery..but have since started again...just take 2 lansaporozal a day on surgeon's advice ... xx hope you can stop xxx

I stopped b4 surgery..but have since started again...just take 2 lansaporozal a day on surgeon's advice ... xx hope you can stop xxx
Thank you Tracey.I'm trying my best it's bloody hard but I want the surgery so bad I'm willing to do anything.thanks for your reply x

Well done on cutting down to 1 a day, I couldn't have done that.
I tried everything to give up, patches, gum, zyban & champix.
None of these worked for me. I started vaping gradually cutting down on the cigs, after a while I literally couldn't stand the taste, smell of cigs made me feel sick. Ive not had a cig in over a year. I still vape which my surgeon is ok with.
He did mention to me that it would be very bad to start smoking again as it can cause ulcers in my new stomach.
Have u tried vaping? It can be trial & error finding one the suits you. It also can take a few weeks to get used to it.
The thought & smell of smoking now makes me feel sick.

Back