• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Do People Tell U That You Look Younger Now You've Lost Weight?

Snowcrystal

Do People Tell U That You Look Younger Now You've Lost Weight?

My dear Mum used to say that extra weight aged people...some people say that a plump face is a young looking face.

Every time put on weight my face never looks plump it looks bloated instead...Like this :eek:... As soon as I start to lose, even a little bit it shows in my face....

What do you folks think now you've either lost your weight or getting there?

Snow XX

I'm worried as my most recent yo-yoes up have been between 32 and 40. At the moment my skin looks great - no wrinkles as I have my own special "plumper". As I haven't seen what my face is supposed to look like when thinner it may well be a shock. One of my sisters has a face full of wrinkles ( please god she never reads this) but she's very thin. Cow! I'm particularly worried as I am too lazy to use lotions etc.

Judge for yourself....this was me a year before surgery at my heaviest 23 st 10lbs.

P010308_2036.jpg

And this is me 61bs down and 6 months after surgery....

HPIM1601.jpg

I have used these two as I am wearing no make up in either one. I am currently 39.

Some people have said it's knocked 10 years off and my fiance even stated if he did not know the woman in the top picture he would have place her in her early 50's!!! I was 37 when that was taken.:(

Caz you look so fab and your little smile looks like a confident real smile if you know what I mean.

Caz, you look fantastic. If I had any doubt about ageing after weight loss, I don't now. Well done.

Quetiapina, I don't think you got anything to worry about if you sister is very slim, what would she want to be here for?

I always use moisturiser...I'd be too scared not to...I'm 52...And although people always tell me I don't look my age, I feel I look older when over-weight....I get jowly.

I can't have a face lift as my ears are too small.......lol.

Snow xx

Last edited:
Snow, Why do your ears make a difference?

Hi I think it works both ways, excess weight does make you look alot older age but if u go the other way and lose too much weight it can age you also xx

My face is thin now. I think I look a bit older. (Nobody else has really said anything). But when I was big I looked unhealthy. Guess it's just a tradeoff.

I have heard it loads since I've lost weight. I feel younger too. I am 35, soon to be 36 and people have said as high as 20 years younger. Umm, I don't really agree with that one since that would make me look 15-20 years old! However, maybe that person thought I looked over 40 when I was at my biggest? Whatever, it is all good. I would be perfectly happy to look my age, I have more than earned any wrinkles I might have.

Nic:p:p:p
http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc166/cheeckychic73/HighSchoolPic1a.jpg
HighSchoolPic1a.jpg

17 years old and 12ish stone
Before1.jpg

32 years old and 22+ stone
After3-1-1.jpg

35 years old 14ish stone

Hey, Phatgirl you looking amazing, although in your case I think you always looked young for your age.

And Tendersage you have not only lost loads of weight but you have lost years too....you are looking really great...keep up the great work.

My son had worried if I get the op, would I age because of lack of nutrients....I will show him these pics and I don't think he'll worry any more.

One day when (and if) I get my bypass I'll post mine.

Snow xx

Thanks snow, lol did you only look at the weight loss set? chuckles don't want to give him to many ideas do you.

no one believes i am 44 years old, everyone seems to think i am only early 30's LOL

I would imagine that although the diet is very restrictive after the bypass the trick would be to ensure you get the best essential nutrients into you...like protein maybe?

Snow xx

snow there are several, mine was 3 pints s/s milk a day, 2 mullerlight yoghurts, an oxo cube, plus as much sugar free drink as i wanted using milk from 3 pints for coffee ect, fruit juice diluted with water

Back