• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Do People Tell U That You Look Younger Now You've Lost Weight?

Yes snow it is the liver shrinking milk diet ;-)

have just had a message off a friend on face book about my photo she said " bloody hell carole you didnt look that good 25yr ago at collage" think it says it all does that mean im 21 again?!!!!!!!!!!!

I must admit that the pics I've seen of both fat and slimmer versions aren't bad and there really isn't a dramatic difference age wise.

HOWEVER I do think it's a culmination of things. When you're fat you HAVE to dress a certain way and (some) clothes shops refuse to stock above a certain size. Your shoes are different because they have to be comfortable.

So when you lose weight, a life od CHOICE is opened up to you; you can buy the clothes you WANT to buy not forced to buy, your feet shrink and you're able to buy nicer more fashionable shoes. So the lead on from that is, you start to feel good about yourself wear more make up, change your hairstlye. You have more energy and you may even exercise more resulting in a whole new demeanour and stance - hence the reason why you start to look and possibly 'seem' younger.

If you see what I'm saying ...?

Ladies you all look amazing!!! you have all done so well you certainly give the rest of us who are waiting in the wings lots of hope

Up till I was 50 I was always told how young I looked even though I was overweight but I think now I look less young.
I often feel that the type of clothes we are able or have to wear are not the most complimentary so that in itself can make us look older and more frumpy. Also hair styles maybe we cannot wear the one we want or have worn for years as with the added weight that makes us look older too, or maybe just not as good as we did.
Certainly although I look after my skin it is not nearly as good as it used to be. It isnt that it is wrinkly just that it look almost engorged at times and I have little red veins here and there which are horrible, and for me I think that is weight orientated.
One thing that does worry me about losing lots of weight is the hangy skin however I am sure it is preferable to the great belly, excuse the descrition, that I have now At just 4ft 11 ins I am like a toffee apple little legs big tummy no waist bigger boobs etc etc
Also feeling good and looking younger I think also shines through when you feel confident about yourself and your appearance and I think that too makes a great difference

Anyway no more twittering just thanks to all who continue to give us the support and inspiration to keep going for our goal

Love Jay xx

I must admit that the pics I've seen of both fat and slimmer versions aren't bad and there really isn't a dramatic difference age wise.

HOWEVER I do think it's a culmination of things. When you're fat you HAVE to dress a certain way and (some) clothes shops refuse to stock above a certain size. Your shoes are different because they have to be comfortable.

So when you lose weight, a life od CHOICE is opened up to you; you can buy the clothes you WANT to buy not forced to buy, your feet shrink and you're able to buy nicer more fashionable shoes. So the lead on from that is, you start to feel good about yourself wear more make up, change your hairstlye. You have more energy and you may even exercise more resulting in a whole new demeanour and stance - hence the reason why you start to look and possibly 'seem' younger.

If you see what I'm saying ...?

Cah ching, I think you have hit the nail on the head as did Fairyrinuk.

It's about the way we gain the confidence to be seen again...we way we dress and the way do hair and make-up.

I think our attitude changes a lot too.....I must be honest though, I have known a couple (one of who I knew personally) of people to become overly conceited and lose loved ones over it....It was like they had a second youth.

Being able to exercise after weight loss has to make a difference to your skin...it gets more oxygen.

I just know that when I'm overweight I get this horrible bloated look....and that the first thing to go when I start losing pounds.

And yes Fairyringuk, It's great to get support and information form eachother in here.

XXX

The bloated look is the thing I notice at times my face seems to go up and down and I look in the mirror sometimes and dont recognise myself at all ............sad really...........but hey I am going to change all that!!!!

Love Jay xx

they are usually low cal/fat free diets or milk, both use no more than 1000 calories per day so yes techniqually they could be. Brett obviously needs a very high protien based diet hence he was instructed to have so many slimfasts. I could opt to drop one pint a milk a day for a protien shake which in the end i did. I developed a foul taste in my mouth as a result of all the milk i was having. apparently not many develope this, and it took the surgeon to point it out and state i needed to drop a pint of milk.

Back