• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Do Post Bypassers need a flu jab

slimmerkay

I was just wondering as we aren't getting all the nutrients we should be do any post-bypassers get a flu jab just because of the bypass?

My nurse has booked me in for one! x

I normally pay and have it done and this year will be no different! I am having it on the 6th november :D xxxxx

may be worth looking in to i guess....as much as i HATE injections with a firey passion

oh, I never thought of this.... i get one anyway being diabetic, but you could be right, if a person's immune system is impaired by not getting enough nutrients then they might give it. (and here's me hoping that the op clears up my diabetes so I dont have to have them anymore!!! :eek:)

im having one tomorrow at asda chemist i get one every year only £8 its worth every penny, i also dont want to be ill just before my op or just after x

I have no idea but Novamay? The operation will get your levels back to normal (we all pray) but you will always be classed as diabetic, you will still need your yearly check ups for your retinopathy etc xx

On a lighter note it's great not to take meds :) xx

I have one at work, just one of those strange "perks" that work provide for us...

However, I dont think as bypassers we particularly "need" one any more than a non bypassed person.

I may be wrong but I think flu is an airborne virus so if you are going to get it, you're going to get it. The jab obviously protects you from it but its usually only offered to people with an impaired immune system or breathing difficulties like asthma.

I guess if you want one, you could ask your GP, but you might have to pay for it if you dont fall into one of the groups that would automatically be offered it.

At my practice, unless vaccineis in short supply (which this year it isn't) we vaccinate anyone who asks for it. Sam'e right we wouldn't come in the essential groups but ask depending on their policy they may well give it.

M

I was just wondering as we aren't getting all the nutrients we should be do any post-bypassers get a flu jab just because of the bypass?

:eek:That was spooky Karen - as I read your post yesterday the postman delivered my first ever "invitation for seasonal Flu immunisation":eek:

Reading the list of who should be vaccinated i think I've been sent mine because I've recently been diagnosed with mild asthma

i had my little prick this morning, never felt a thing hehe ;) xx

hehe - i love injections :eek: xxx

they are my one irrational fear lol
you'd think i'd be over it by now the amount of piercings and tattoos i have....plus all the stabbing jabs i had to have for the op lol

You also get it if you care for someone elderly etc.Asda is good for £8 as Liz said.Its a hair thin needle please dont be anxious of it hurting you wont feel a thing!And anyway whats a little prick compared to flu!!!

Back