• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

have you had a flu or a cold since wls ?

j.u.s.t.l.i.z.

Runs Srh Support Group
ive had the odd light cold in the time since my op, but this time it must be flu as my parnter aint got it as he has his yearly flu jab.

i cant eat today as my stomach is so sore from coughing, i attempted some lunch but just couldnt get it in for the ache in my tum.

how do you bypassers deal with constant coughing when poorly like this does this effect your pouch when constantly coughing.

im trying to keep my liquid intake up the best i can.

i feel and look like ive been dragged through a hedge backwards & pushed back through again for luck :roofles:.

my question is can wls patients have the flu jab on the nhs or not, my OH gets it but hes got asthma.

liz x

and no its not swine flu lol :D

i get my flu jab and still got flu in feb x if im coughing i get really sore and can not eat x x x poor aunty liz big hugs and kisses i have a very sicky tum to but they said mines down to he mrsa x x

Hi Liz, sorry you are feeling so rough. I find Drowsy Benelyn tha very best cough medicine but tastes Blech. I don't know if coughing would hurt yr pouch at all though. Hope someone can answer this. I get a flu jab as I'm a Carer for my husband. x

Hi Liz, sorry you are feeling so rough. I find Drowsy Benelyn tha very best cough medicine but tastes Blech. I don't know if coughing would hurt yr pouch at all though. Hope someone can answer this. I get a flu jab as I'm a Carer for my husband. x

thanks jen, next time im at the gp's i shall ask if i can have it, i must of caught this when i was at the take that concert last friday.

LOL I LOVE YOU TOO

likewize sarah, i was in nanna's this morning in the kitchen, and i started making oinking noises she was killing herself laffing :8855:
THE SWINE FLEW :rolleyes:
pig5.gif

i was just sore sarah i didnt feel sick,my wounds were open for 6 weeks and weeping then they did a swab, it took them long enough as they gave me wrong antibiotics at 1st before i even got to the swab stage.

i think its the antibiotics thats makin me ill, my bikini line wound is open and weeping,my belly button one is much better,the hospital should be shot with s**t (or maybe not) x x x hope your feeling better tomorrow x x

just keep it clean and dry, did they give you any dressings ?

Hi Liz

Tesco are helping to make the flu jab affordable by offering the vaccination for just £10 in their in-store pharmacies.
According to the NHS, private jabs usually cost somewhere between £17 and £35 so this represents a significant saving for those who want extra protection against flu this winter.
But i am sure the flu jab is only available October - January even from the doctors,but it maybe worth enquiring for this October .

Hi Sarah are your wounds still open from September when you had your bypass. My mum had mrsa when she had her gallbladder removed but she didn't have any sickness it was just noticed when they took swabs to check.

Hi Sarah are your wounds still open from September when you had your bypass. My mum had mrsa when she had her gallbladder removed but she didn't have any sickness it was just noticed when they took swabs to check.
no i got MRSA when i got my tubes tied 12 days ago i had no proplems at all with my bypass id do that all again if i had to x x x x

Get well soon you 2...you could always keep each other company if you are related whilst sick. xxx

lol sarah doesnt want my snot and i dont want her mrsa :8855:

Back