• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Flu jab

Maphillips

Hi can I ask a question I have to have a flu jab next week at work and I usually get a cold after it and my op will be in October just wondered if I should have it what's your guys thoughts

Depends on how quickly you normally recover may be best to ask your Team xx

Think I may my work says I will be ok but I know they don't do the op if you have a cold and would hate it if that happens

Get urself dosed up after to try and make any symptoms mild so that it goes away quicker. I also have flu jab every year but never had a cold or flu from it

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I would delay it. My surgery offered me one last year and I had it for the 1st time, no side affects i had. xx

You've got nothing to lose by delaying it - would hate them to cancel your op for something you could have easily avoided x

I think I will I am an ambulance driver so am in contact with poorly patients that's why I have it and my hep b but that bits ok will delay it thanks I don't feel as bad now I know it's silly but worry about daft things

Never silly always best to check x

Are you sure the vaccine is in stock? We have been told that our delivery is not ready for about another 2 weeks owing to manufacturing problems so we have had to cancel our first clinics. However hospitals may well get deliveries before us in practices.

Maphillips said:
I think I will I am an ambulance driver so am in contact with poorly patients that's why I have it and my hep b but that bits ok will delay it thanks I don't feel as bad now I know it's silly but worry about daft things

I hadn't realised you was an ambulance driver I realised now why you are considering it - whatever your choice I believe you'll still do great x

Back