• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Do we have to count calories eventually?

Hiya!

Early days for me, but I'm thinking ahead!

A lot of people seem to be calorie counting, is this necessary?

I was really hoping not to have to 'diet' as such now that I've been bypassed. I was hoping that just eating healthy would be enough to get me to (and keep me at) goal!

I'd be really grateful for your thoughts

I am just about eight months post op and have only just started to count calories and that is purely because I suspected that I wasnt having enough, so a few times a week I keep a calorie diary and see how I am doing. I dont count every day and I dont panic too much about it, I am just using it as a guide.
If you dont want to count calories then simply dont, it is totally your choice.
Steph xx

Thanks, Steph!
I've had years of counting calories, fat and carbs and really want this to be a complete change of habits and really dont want to go back to that!

I want to try and relax about food, not be constantly adding things up in my head, I've done that for the last 30 years or so, and need it to stop!! LOL!

At least you are counting to keep your cals up rather than keeping them down! LOL!

Lol I must admit that it feels much nicer having to increase them than reduce them lol
Steph xx

I've never bothered counting calories. I just don't eat enough food to warrant keeping an eye on it.

I just eat healthily and no biscuits, etc. Or bread. The only time I have high sugar/calorie foods is when I have flapjack energy bars when I am cycling.

I dont count calories on a daily basis, but I do use foodfocus.co.uk from time to time, just to check how many cals I should have to maintain or to lose at my current weight - just to give me an idea of if Im eating enough/too much.

Like you, I have spent years dieting and counting this that and the other and it is refreshing not to have to keep such a close eye on what Im consuming.

Back