• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Whats you thoughts......

Deebol

Hiya all dont shout at me thinking this but I want peoples thoughts.

As most of you know I was banded 27th Oct 08 so in just over 5 months I have lost just over 5 stone and I am over the moon obviously. I want to lose about another 2 stone which will take me to 13 stone but Im tall and that will make me a comfortable size 16 which is what I want. Never been skinny and never will and I dont wanna go too far cause of my skin etc....

Anyways Im thinking..... of when Ive got to MY goal to having my band emptied or at least loosened off???? Then healthy eat small portions so I have the freedom to go out and have meals etc and enjoy cause at the mo my social life is just avoiding any situ with food. It was my best mates birthday on Saturday and they all went to Pizza Express and I just made a really crap excuse up so I didnt have to go. Whats the point of having this new figure and not going out to show it off?

Is this a really really bad idea?

Dee xx

hi dee from my experience of getting to 12st 7 and all my resriction going i thought the same i thought id be able to maintain the weight loss, i just couldnt as i physicaly needed a bigger portion, i regained 2 stone during that time trying to maintain, i wasnt nessacerily eating bad foods, it was more my portion control, that i lost control with, so i was glad to get restriction of a good level back as thats why i needed my band in the 1st place to reduce my portion sizes, everyone is different tho dee, this was my own experience of loosing restriction after reaching a size 14/16.

liz x

Hiya Liz thanks for replying, I have 7ml in band now what about taking it down to maybe about 4ml so I have a little freedom but still some restriction?

The lady that does my fills and weighs me wants me to be about 11 stone and I dont want to be, If I dont have any out how do I go about maintaining my weight and not loosing?

Thanks Dee x

Hi Dee,

It's about having control over eating. If you know you are able to do that then the loosening of the band will not be a problem, because you are responsible for what goes into your mouth. But if you do have eating issues, they prolly won't have disappeared in the time you have had your band, so loosening may not be a good idea.

Ultimately, it's your bod babes, but if you do have eating issues, then I would address those before making any decision or else this could be an expensive and emotional yo-yo incident.

You're gorgeous anyway. I know, I have met you in the flesh (with your clothes on, before this mucky lot start)! Pfffft!

hi dee going down to 4 ml would give you alot more freedom but the willpower required would be high, as theres a high possibility of regaining weight.
maintaining is just about having a healthy diet and learning what size portion is right for you, my bands pretty tight right now, and im maintainning at 13st 6, which im happy at this weight even tho plastics want me to loose more, ive just got my sself in to a regular routine of eating certain foods thats right for my restriction level now, if i stick to this food routine, i maintain and not gain.

Thanks Angela that is a lovely thing to say and you are right its all about the mind!!!

I dont think i will know until I try it, Im having a little fluid out for my hols in 2 months and im going to use that as a little bit of a test to myself that if I go mad and not control myself then obviously Im not ready to me let loose with no restriction.

Hope your feeling a lttle less sore today and getting some sleep.

Dee x

hi dee going down to 4 ml would give you alot more freedom but the willpower required would be high, as theres a high possibility of regaining weight.
maintaining is just about having a healthy diet and learning what size portion is right for you, my bands pretty tight right now, and im maintainning at 13st 6, which im happy at this weight even tho plastics want me to loose more, ive just got my sself in to a regular routine of eating certain foods thats right for my restriction level now, if i stick to this food routine, i maintain and not gain.

What sort of things are you eating then to maintain? and not too lose. When I add up some days how many calories Ive had somedays its not over 500 and that is obviously why Im having good loss. There is not a lot of variety that I can have and thats what gets me down more than the portion sizes. If I could just have a little of what I fancied!!!

Dee x

Hi Dee,

Firstly, I have to agree with Angela. You are gorgeous and you would never know you have had a weight problem.

I dont know enough about bands really, but will give my two pennys worth anyway! I would say you would be better having gradual de-fills rather than having it emptied so that you eventually reach a point where you are maintaining. You might lose a little more than you want to whilst you are trying to reach that level, but better to be a little lighter than you want instead of a little heavier.

Thanks Sam you and Angela are making me blush!!!! Dont think my head is going to fit through the front door this morning!! lol x

Anyways yeah thats an idea Sam that having gradual defils and see how I get on. I feel embarrassed to ask Wendy though at WLS, it took me ages to pluck up the courage to ask for some out for hols!!!!

I dont want people to think that Ive had this opportunity to have band and now Im getting to where I want im going to throw it away!!! (even thou its costing me money)

Dee x

i partly understand where your coming from i dont want to get to what my ideal weight is going to be i want to stop befor that or im going to be tripping over loose skin but i know if i had a defill when i got to that id overeat so its going to be a fine balancing act how you manage that i dont know but will be intrested in how you get on

What sort of things are you eating then to maintain? and not too lose. When I add up some days how many calories Ive had somedays its not over 500 and that is obviously why Im having good loss. There is not a lot of variety that I can have and thats what gets me down more than the portion sizes. If I could just have a little of what I fancied!!!

Dee x

this is a typical day of eating for me...

8am white coffee 2 sugars
9am small bowl of cornflakes or branflakes, skimmed milk (baby bowl)
1pm small chicken breast (oven baked in foil) mash, brockli, turnip, peas, gravy.
5pm small jacket potato, various fillings of either tuna/low fat mayo, or beans and a light sprinkle of cheese.
i do have the odd snack some days of either quavers or a choc digestive.

i do and always have, have a little of what i fancy even now my bands tight, i just have it in a tiny portion. i have a treat once a month and have half a spam fritter and a few chips from the chippy, the band is flexable with all foods and as long as portion sizes is controlled you can have the treats you desire, moderation is the key.

liz xxx

Thanks Angela that is a lovely thing to say and you are right its all about the mind!!!

I dont think i will know until I try it, Im having a little fluid out for my hols in 2 months and im going to use that as a little bit of a test to myself that if I go mad and not control myself then obviously Im not ready to me let loose with no restriction.

Hope your feeling a lttle less sore today and getting some sleep.

Dee x

It's the truth gf!

That sounds like a decent plan but with the caveat that we all tend to blow out on our jollies. Good idea though.

Am sore and despo to sleep on me side, but it'll happen in time. Am blogging when I feel able and sleep happens when it happens. It's all good. xx

I personally would hate to be able to eat more...it defeats every object of having the surgery in the first place.

I redress what I can eat with each fill and adjust my life accordingly. I still eat out, I just order something I know I can manage, and there is always something on a menu even if it a small starter.

I now focus on the social aspect of going out, not the food.

At the end of the day it is your body and your wishes.

But I know that if I had a defill I would be sorely tempted to eat to much and think, oh well if I put some weight on, I gan get a refill and then loose weight again. But that thought process takes me back to square one and I never want to go back to that pattern again.

This is just my opinion and bares no relation to what you decide but you asked what people think. ;):)

i think your money your life u live it how you wanna lol ..

but personally i know the life i have with food and the lifestyle i have created around food ...

as i use food to entertain ..

i don't have the will power when it comes to food i would fall down that long slippy slide !!

but one thing Hun if ya do at least u can go have it filled a little more and get back on to it ... you will never know till you try ..

and if you don't try u will never know and i think thats worse than not trying .. the knowing i mean ..

maybe if you do slip and gain it will give u more will power to get even more off and give u that feeling u had as soon as you had your op ..

and go and enjoy ur Hollis why not ..

but just make sure theres dates avail for you to get in to have it topped back up if need be and your not left a month or so between fills to allow u to run free lol ..

enjoy Hun xx

Dee x

Also just noticed, this calorie intake is very very low, I was recommended to keep it between 1500 and 1800 a day!!!

What are you able to eat?

Hiya Brett thanks very much for your input u are right that I dont know until Ive tried and id regret it if I didnt give it a go!!!!

I do think the £5k I paid for band is incentive in itself sometimes as everytime u put summat naughty in your mouth (oh er!!!) I think of the money Ive spent!!

Thanks again and best of luck with you

Dee xx

Caz my calorie intake is different day to day but most days I have latte for brekkie cant eat in mornings at all band feels too tight!! Lunch time I usually have soup or 2 crackers and evening meal either crackers or a little bit of dinner. If I have dinner for example can only have about 4 spoonfulls. I only had band tightened again last week and was being sick on thick soup but this is loads better now thank god.

Dee x

dee from what your saying, in "my personal opinion" is that your band is way too tight and your not getting enough nutrition in your body. i hope your at least taking a daily multi vit tab, i made the mistake on living on very little, and my skin and hair made it visual tto others i wasnt getting enough nutrition, im only giving advice from my own experiences with my banding and advising from what has been typed on your posts.

liz x

That really does not sound like enough nutrition most days.

A typical day for me is this:-

Tea with light soya milk, 1-2 sugars

A small bowl of cereal, porridge or sugar free museli measured oud to 35gm(sometimea with a small handful of cashews) and a piece of fruit.

A whole tin of soup, no bread. Or something like chicken in light mayo and a salad.

A piece of meat no bigger than first three fingers, some veg, potato

2-3 Cups of tea with sugar and light soya milk over the evening to stem the cravings...LOL

I drink 2 litres of fluids a day on top of this, either water or no sugar squash.

This way I get a real mix of food types and plenty of vitamins.

I think Liz is right (and the girl is a pro), your band is way too tight. You should be able to cope with a little more than you do.

Hi hun, I know we`ve discussed this before via text and I`m still gonna do what i said before i reckon. When my fill was at 5ml i could eat a fair amount and could eat most things so i might have 1.75ml`s taken out to get back to 5ml when I`ve reached my goal. When my band was at 5ml i didn`t lose but didn`t ut on either which in theory would b great - if it comes to this and doesn`t work at least i tried it - although the advice about the gradual defil sounds like a good idea. Don`t think i`ve enough willpower to get it totally defilled though lol. Hope your keeping well, we`ll def have to arrange to meet when we`re both looking fab lol xxx

Back