• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

FOOD ADDICTION

j.u.s.t.l.i.z.

Runs Srh Support Group
are we food addicts ? After nearly 4 years being banded, and all the ups and downs ive had, i think im still a food addict and i will eat it if i can, i believe that food addiction now will stay with me till the day i die, it will never leave me i just need to control it long term with the help of my band. I eat a healthy diet, but i still crave the rubbish i used to eat.

does any of you guys feel the same way as me ?

liz x

Last edited:
I think I really relied on it for emotional support and boosts. Have something to celebrate, let's go eat. Have a bad day, let's order in way too much food. I still get a 'high' when I have something that really tastes good, I have to remind myself that my eating has physical, painful consequences now not just adding to my comfy layer of skin. I guess I would say I am addicted, but what other addicts are forced to use everyday (here is your required daily dose of heroin but it is not enough to get you high) but must never abuse it???

It is a tough road but I do think we are on the same one...

i agree 100%

Yep, I'm 6 months post bypass and still want food metally. Sometimes I dump because I can't resist some of the foods that I'm not meant to have, although they sometimes taste different and I can't eat as much of it. It is hard, but at least I suffer if I have it and try to learn from it!

yes sarah i agree, some things ive known i cant have but i do any way. I learn the hard way too even after the pain of surgery, thats the food addicts in us !
physical restriction is there but the mind takes a little longer to ajust to our new lifestyles on a permant basis.

liz x

yes sarah i agree, some things ive known i cant have but i do any way. I learn the hard way too even after the pain of surgery, thats the food addicts in us !
physical restriction is there but the mind takes a little longer to ajust to our new lifestyles on a permant basis.

liz x

Totally agree Liz :) I see it like any other form of addiction be it food, drugs, alcohol, gambling etc etc. It's about learning strategies to prevent relapse and keeping those at the front of your mind always.

Lacey..x:D

thats right yes but most of lapse from time to time, and we do learn from that. people can tell us till the cows come home ! But learning from our own mistakes is the best teacher.

liz x

thats right yes but most of lapse from time to time, and we do learn from that. people can tell us till the cows come home ! But learning from our own mistakes is the best teacher.

liz x

Totally agree Liz :)

I know from my own experience and also from my clients that it can take more than a few times around the wheel before we are truly ready to make changes and get that lightbulb moment!:D:D:D

i know hun the penny dropps lol
kerching

:8855::8855:ok no pushing in tho !:8855::8855:

:D

I sometimes wonder if we ever get over our food addictions, you may find one or two people that do, but the majority, i think maybe not. I used to be a really heavy smoker 8 years ago and that was hard enough to give up but as i came to realise you don't need them to live, but we do need to eat to live, and when it comes to food there is too much choice, and why is it that all the foods that aren't good for us taste the best

Yes, food addiction exists. But it's harder to kick. We don't *need* narcotics or alcohol, but we need food to survive.

I found the CBT that I had with LL to be immensely helpful, but once I had given myself permission in my head to go back to my old habits, my fat returned.

I am no different to an alcoholic who can no longer have a tipple again; I will never be able to eat the same way again if I want to have a healthy body and lifestyle.

Which goes to prove WLS is def not an easy option we still have demons to deal with and like you all say we need to eat food, alcoholics can stay out of pubs but we still have to get just in moderation. But we are all here for each other supporting each of us on along the way and I for one am glad I met everyone on here so being over weight did have a plus side to it....(((hugs))) to all my cyber buddies....xx

Which goes to prove WLS is def not an easy option we still have demons to deal with and like you all say we need to eat food, alcoholics can stay out of pubs but we still have to get just in moderation. But we are all here for each other supporting each of us on along the way and I for one am glad I met everyone on here so being over weight did have a plus side to it....(((hugs))) to all my cyber buddies....xx

Here Here!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Back