• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Do you ever escape the old fat head?

Julie, you have done tremendously well and I know will continue to - its a marathon rather than a sprint this weight loss malarky but the hardest part is getting the brain into shape. I found the hardest thing was to get out of the habit of using food as a reward. Whenever I had something to celebrate or I was feeling down and wanted to treat myself I always thought of food first - I have done a lot of work on that area and now think of treats in terms of pampering myself and not food - as a diabetic I'm not 'treating' my body by giving it sugary goodies (and the weightwatchers low fat products are very sugary). Every month I award myself a kitty like pocket money as a kid and when I'm feeling like I need to treat myself (as a celebration or when I'm feeling down) then I head to the high street and buy myself some nice perfume, clothes, lotions and potions or have a massage/spa session. Every one has their own contingency plan to keep them on the straight and narrow and this works for me. I also found weightwatchers made me think constantly of food and I wanted to get off that particular merry go round. Its important to get back on the bike (so to speak) straight away when you fall off and just mark it down to experience if you have a bad day.

Stella, you are right on the money with that comment! I was obsessing more about food than i did pre op! I've now quit weight watchers and have decided to start a 'treat' pot. Each good day i have i'm putting a £1 in the pot, when i feel like having something 'nice' i'm going to go treat myself. I may just enjoy rattling it and saving it for the January sales. I'm definitely not ready to quit at anything yet.

I'll shift my weight the sensible way. I'll watch what goes in and exercise my newly lycra clad butt off :)

Amanda, thanks for the tip. I think i will definitely look for that book. Might try the local library see if they have a copy in. Might just disappear there for a few hours to read it in peace too lol.

Thanks everyone, you are all wonderful xxx

Back